Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Crazy Snow Nightmare, Part 1.

Here's a little photo to help demonstrate the craziness of the NW weather these days.  I'm pretty sure this one was taken after one of the first storms, not even after the biggest one.  It was crazy.  

I just BARELY managed to get out of Portland to come home for Christmas, but luckily, this was one case where having a new job with no vacation time actually came in handy.  My friends who had flights scheduled Saturday, Sunday, or Monday got stranded in Portland, but flights were going out on Tuesday, so I managed to make it out.  Hooray!!

I was literally stranded--snowed-in--for like 9 days last week.  It was NO fun.  Snow days are fun at first, but after a couple days, holy boring, Batman!  I'll write more about that later, but I just wanted to show everyone this beautiful photo taken from the balcony at my house.  Believe it or not, my house in Portland has AT LEAST 3 or 4 TIMES as much snow (before I left!) than my folks' house in Utah.  Crazy!!

No comments: