2. One of my best friends from college, Debi, decided to defect to France after we graduated...just kidding. She went over to teach English for a year, remembered that she loved France, so she applied for med school and SUPRISE! got in. Then, just like it always goes for people who are living a fairy tale, she fell in love. Of course she did. So she's GETTING MARRIED! In the South of France. Where she lives. I know. Rough life, huh? :) But seeing as how she's one of my bestest friends ever, of course I promised her I'd do everything in my power to go, especially because, really, how many people have many friends or family members who can just up and go to France in the middle of March? Not many. But this is one case where it comes in handy that I'm not married, not super tied down, and I told my job before I took it that I'd be gone for a stretch mid-March, so they knew to begin with. That meant, lucky me, I'm good to go! :) So now that ticket prices have come into the range where poor, non-profit working kids can pretend to afford them, I bit the bullet and bought them! I'll fly into Paris, take a train to Montpellier (where she lives), then be at her beck and call Friday and Saturday. Then Sunday morning when she leaves, I'll figure out what's next. Okay, so I'll probably have it figured out before that, but you know what I mean. :) Hopefully I'll go to Lourdes, but most of my time will not be spent in France (see number 3).
3. Because I simply cannot go to Europe without adding another country's stamp to my passport, and I've already been to France (to visit Debi when she lived in Paris and I lived in London) my trip will include some quality time in SPAIN!! I'm flying out of Madrid on Sunday, March 22nd. I don't know for sure what my trip will be (that will involve some more research), but it will include time in both Barcelona and Madrid. So if you've ever been to Spain and you have great ideas of what to do if one has a week to spend there, let me know! I'd love to hear. :)



5 comments:
yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jen's coming to my wedding!!!!!!!!!!! Your month of March almost sounds better than the one I have planned (ha ha ha)! Can't wait to see you love!!
I am so jealous that you get to go the event of the year! We wanted to go, but a newborn and a toddler would be a bit much. Give her lots of hugs. Sorry for stalking your blog and not commenting. Let me know when you are in Seattle next, I would love to catch up in person over coffee!
ooh, event of the year! I'm feeling so special :)
Jen-
Thanks for the prayers. We are all doing good now. It sounds like you have much to look forward too for the coming months. Have Fun!
Jada
What a fun time you have planned! I am so excited for you. I haven't been to Spain, so I'm afraid I don't have tips for you--or for making January and February fly by for that matter. But, I wish you all the best of luck and know you will have an amazing time on your wonderful trip!
Post a Comment