Friday, February 18, 2011

A Baby Blanket for Baby Yasmin!

My co-worker Silvia is expecting her first baby, a sweet little girl, Yasmin Alissandra, in April. Silvia has been a great friend to me and has always been super generous and wonderful, so I wanted to do something special for her. I decided to make a baby quilt for Yasmin.
I don't pretend to be a seamstress, but I thought it turned out super cute!! Sil told me their nursery has a jungle theme, so I thought the bees and the monkeys would be a cute tie-in. I didn't want it to be too pink, so the brown and pink paisley fabric was a perfect color to base it around (if you click on the photos, you can see the patterns better...and the colors are cuter in real life--the lighting in my apartment is a little sad).
This is the first quilt like this I've ever made, so I didn't know how it would turn out, but thankfully, it worked. I will admit, the edges were a little wonky, but my sister gave me a great idea for how to finish them, and I LOVE how it worked out.
Considering I didn't really have any of the proper materials to easily make a quilt, I thought this turned out nicely. And thankfully, Sil and Luis love it! :)
Good luck these last few weeks, Sil! I can't wait to meet Yasmin!

2 comments:

The Woolley's said...

Super darling!!! Way to go!

Gilbrides said...

Wow, great job! I LOVE it!!