We had planned on hanging out that weekend, but when we found out about the interview, I sort of assumed I just wouldn't see him or I would wait until Saturday evening or Sunday or something, but he told me I could just come with him to his interview. I was a little unsure about that because I didn't want it to be awkward for him, and I told him I could stay in Seattle and hang out with friends or something, but he said it would be okay. It turned out his friends, Jason and Kaela, who are the Program Directors for the summer, had already moved out to camp, and he said I could hang out with Kaela and their baby.
So we drove out to camp and I spent the morning chatting with Kaela, which was totally great, and then we both joined the interview crew for lunch. I didn't really realize until much later that I think the interview committee actually WANTED me to be there, which totally makes sense, since they would want to meet the girl he's going to have hanging around camp to make sure I wasn't some total weirdo or something. Anyway, I had met some of them before, but they were all super nice and welcoming and it went really well and wasn't awkward or uncomfortable at all (which is what I was afraid it would be).
Then we had a really great weekend together, spent time with his family for Mother's Day, and had a lot of fun. Fast forward a few days, and he called me. I asked him how his day went, and he said, "I got some interesting news." And finally he told me that HE GOT THE JOB!!!! We were both SO excited! I mean, it's not every day someone gets his dream job, right?!
We got to celebrate the next weekend before I had my surgery, and then he went about the business of quitting his job in Yakima, finishing tying up loose ends, and starting the new job at camp. He literally finished his job on May 28th and started the new job the same day (okay, so he didn't technically start until June 1st, but there was an event he had to help with Memorial Day weekend, so basically he did). He literally drove back to Yakima in one day to turn in his keys, then tossed his Army stuff and the mattress from his futon in his car and drove back to camp to officially start his new job. Three days later he left for training.
So LB is officially the new Director of Soundview Camp, a gorgeous Christian camp right on the Puget Sound. It is absolutely beautiful there, and it's such a fun place to go visit!
I am so proud of him! It's going to be a crazy big job and he definitely has his work cut out for him, but I know he'll be amazing. They already totally adore him there, even though he's only been at camp a couple weeks, and I know he will do great things. So there you go, that's the story of LB's new job, and the new place I'm commuting to on weekends now (which is technically a little closer, but with traffic...notsomuch. But I am not complaining because he's happy!)! :)
Click HERE if you want to check out the camp website and see what Soundview's all about!
1 comment:
Wow, so exciting! Congratulations to LB! That is really wonderful news!
Post a Comment