Janna, April, Valeri, my sister and I headed to downtown Portland to for dinner at Departure, the amazing restaurant on the top floor of the Nines hotel. It was AWESOME. The food was UNBELIEVABLE, it has a super cool atmosphere, and we had a LOT of fun. It's a funky, kind of trendy Asian restaurant, and it was so fun to be all dressed up at a fancy restaurant with some of my favorite girls.
April and Val had never tried sushi, so we decided that needed to be part of their Portland experience--no better place to get sushi than on the coast! The girls were both a little nervous, but it was DELICIOUS! :) And so was everything else we tried. Totally amazing.
My incredible sister also ordered me a cake and had it brought to our table as a surprise after dinner--soooooo good!! And right about the same time the cake showed up, so did my awesome college friend, Leah! :) It was so nice to have her there and finally be able to introduce her to some of my high school besties. (She has a group of girlfriends from high school she's still close with, too, so she totally understands.) :) So we scarfed down some delicious cake, snapped a few photos, and headed to our next adventure--the Sara Barielles concert!
The whole group of amazing women I am blessed to have in my life. :)
If you like Sara Barielles even a little bit, you seriously have to see her live. Her show is INCREDIBLE. She is an amazingly talented woman, and I swear she is just as good live (if not better) as she is on her albums. Awesome. Amy and I saw her last September--Portland was the kickoff for the tour she's on now! So it was awesome to see her again, with different openers, doing basically the same show, but more practiced and polished. She played with Raining Jane and Joshua Radin, and both of them were amazing, too! It was SUCH a great show! And maybe this shows my age, but I have to say I realllllllly loved that it was in a fancy theater and it was a sit down show. I mean, I love going to concerts where you stand up and dance the whole time, but it was pretty great to just sit and listen and enjoy the show.
If you know her music at all, the very best part was her encore, when she sang "Gravity" a cappella, pitch perfect, without so much as a starting note. You could have heard a pin drop. It was breathtaking.
If only Leah had made it in the photo instead of having to take it...
1 comment:
Yay! I've been waiting to find out more about the weekend! There is no way you could have talked me into trying the sushi! blech!!!!
Post a Comment