Monday, February 27, 2012

Grandma and her Famous Cinnamon Rolls

The last post was about my Grandpa, but I just have to say, through all of this, my Grandma has been a rock star. It has been incredibly difficult, and there have been many moments of frustration, but she's coping with everything remarkably well.

And when I was up there, we made cinnamon rolls. If you know my Grandma, no one makes cinnamon rolls like she does. It was always a tradition whenever they'd come visit--no matter what else happened, one day Amy and I would get home from school and the counters were FULL of cinnamon rolls (usually waiting for us to frost them, which was our favorite part).

My Grandma Mary is the sweetest, most faithful, beautiful woman I could be blessed to have as a Grandma. I love her like crazy, and we have an awesome relationship. And a few weeks ago, when I was having a rough day, I was cleaning out my freezer and guess what I found--a package of Grandma's cinnamon rolls from my summer visit. Suddenly the day was a lot better. :) Sometimes love tastes a lot like cinnamon rolls. Thanks, Grandma. I love you, too. :)

1 comment:

The Woolley's said...

Grandma cinnamon rolls are the best!! Glad you had some in your freezer!