I have like five posts half started, but can never seem to get one finished. The last couple months since my Grandma's unexpected funeral have been CRAZY. I've never been so busy with work, and juggling that with life and relationships and everything else has been an adventure. But the good news is I've been able to take my bike on some long rides when we've had nice weekends (rides with my sister are my fave!), I've been working out every single day (I'm on day 25 of Jillian Michaels's 30 Day Shred--YOWSA!), and school is out in just over a week, which SHOULD mean my life will significantly slow down here in another week or so (fingers crossed).
Things with Clay are going GREAT! He's wonderful, and we have such fun together. He is supportive and sweet and I feel really, really lucky to have him in my life. He is swamped with work, too (even more swamped than I am, so I can't really complain, and his light at the end of the tunnel doesn't come until the 4th of July), so we don't get to see much of each other unless it's the weekend, but we're making it work. He has to switch to night shift in a couple weeks for the duration of June so we'll see even less of each other, but he assures me it's just once every 3 years, and only for a few weeks. That I can handle.
 |
| Isn't that sad? Giant streak of red paint...grrrr.... |
In the continuing saga of Jen's incredibly, ridiculous, horrendously, almost comically bad luck with cars, Clay and I were watching a movie at his house a few weeks ago on a Friday night, and when I headed home, my car was not driving well. It was swerving like crazy whenever I hit a bump and drifting to the center--not good. I finally figured out that while we were curled up watching a movie, someone hit my car--HARD--and took off without even leaving a note. It caused about $2500 worth of damage. SERIOUSLY? Oy vey. But here's a good tip--I learned that if you are a victim of a hit and run, if you file a police report many insurance companies will dramatically drop your deductible--mine dropped by 70%. So that movie on the couch with my boyfriend still cost me $300, but at least it wasn't $1000, right? Gotta look at the bright side...
 |
| Those glasses are seriously ridiculous! :) |
Clay and I are usually pretty low-key, mostly hanging out with friends or watching movies at his house, but we had a date night last week that was a blast! He is such a gentleman and never lets me pay for anything, so I went to the movie theater ahead of time to buy tickets to see "The Avengers" in 3D in one of the cool living room theaters in town. We went out to dinner and then to see the movie, and it was a blast! It was Clay's first 3D movie, and my first movie in one of those Living Room theaters--SO FUN. Seriously, those theaters are amazing. Nothing like going to the movies and still being able to curl up in a reclining love seat with your sweetheart...even if you are wearing those ridiculous 3D glasses. :)
 |
| Poor baby... |
So, that's pretty much my story lately. I'm frantically trying to find a new apartment so I can move next month, hopefully closer to Amy and Sterling and Clay (they live about 3 minutes apart from each other, and I live about 30 minutes away from all of them) so I can stop spending a million dollars on gas to go see my family and my boyfriend, and actually be able to see them a little more often. Plus I think Allee would appreciate me being home a little more often...since this is how I found her in her crate when I got home the other night! Anyway, I would LOVE it if you could please say some prayers that I can find a safe, affordable, decent place SOON!
Hopefully I can finish and post some of those half-way-done posts I've got waiting in the wings soon...the light at the end of the tunnel IS getting brighter every day...
In case you're wondering, I think it's safe to say school employees look forward to the end of the school year just as much as (possibly even more than) the kids do. :) Even though I'm technically NOT a school employee, I just work in a school and I still have to work all summer, cheers to the end of the school year!
2 comments:
Jen, so sorry to hear about your car! I am so glad that you were able to pay less though. You are always so crazy busy I sure hope you will be able to slow down and relax and have a fantastic summer!! You are in my prayers for a FANTASTIC place to live that is next to Amy and Clay!!!, Best of luck with everything!
Jen, so sorry to hear about your car! I am so glad that you were able to pay less though. You are always so crazy busy I sure hope you will be able to slow down and relax and have a fantastic summer!! You are in my prayers for a FANTASTIC place to live that is next to Amy and Clay!!!, Best of luck with everything!
Post a Comment