Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Sweetest Note

I have been INCREDIBLY burned out lately.  Today was the last day of my after school program (a day I have been praying would hurry up and get here), and it couldn't have come soon enough.  But tonight I got an awesome reminder of why I keep doing what I'm doing when one of my 8th graders, a girl I've worked with for two years, came up and handed me a piece of paper, apologizing that she wasn't sure how to spell my name.  Here's what it said (exactly as she wrote it):

June 1, 2012
Dear Jenn Foresman

At the beginning of eigth grade I though you were some crazy teacher that was going to force me to change myself and tell me that I needed a mental hospital like some of the others that told me I needed help, but you didn't.  Yes you made me talk to you wich I hated at the moment you made me, but it helped.  You gave advice that helped me, and also made me believe that love can still be positive even when it feels like someones stabbing you trough your heart.  It can change you, and make you a "happier" person.  You have helped me alot, and thank you for truly caring and helping.

Sincerely,
A.K.

Yep.  That's why I keep doing this, even when it's hard.

2 comments:

Clueless Rufus said...

Awesome, Jen. You are a beautiful person with such a giving and loving heart. You're my hero. :)

Hope said...

How wonderful! What a tender mercy, I'm so happy you were able to experience that. You are obviously making a big difference in their lives, at a time when much of who they will become is being formed. You are a blessing to many, many people, Jen!