I made this pretty cake for my supervisor's birthday--didn't it turn out great? (Okay, so I might have been kissing up a little...hey, I know good business practices when I see them, and making nice on your boss's birthday is never a bad idea!) I had never tried the "don't frost the edges" look, but I thought it was really cute and rustic-looking on a blog I saw. It was white cake with chocolate chips, with chocolate frosting and fresh raspberries. YUM! And apparently it was worth the effort (and the hot apartment), because she sent me this email the next day:
"Hi Jen:
Just wanted you to know that I took the cake you made me for my birthday home-----and my husband LOVED it!!! He said it’s the best cake he’s EVER eaten! So I’m trying really hard not to be offended that he doesn’t seem to remember any of the cakes I’ve ever made---but thought I would pass that along to you. I enjoyed it an awful lot too.
Just wanted you to know that I took the cake you made me for my birthday home-----and my husband LOVED it!!! He said it’s the best cake he’s EVER eaten! So I’m trying really hard not to be offended that he doesn’t seem to remember any of the cakes I’ve ever made---but thought I would pass that along to you. I enjoyed it an awful lot too.
Thanks so much for sharing your talent in that way…you are an amazing baker!
Cindy"
I also tried using a little bit of the cake mix to "flour" the pan instead of using flour and it turned out GREAT--it didn't leave the weird white edges at all, and having just slightly less of the dry ingredients made the cake extra moist. So YAY for another fun creation. :)
1 comment:
That looks really good! I'm going to have to bake more once it gets cooler. Last night I made two batches of muffins (banana nut and blueberry) and I realized I really miss cooking a lot. Winter is nice because you can bake all you want and not worry about being too hot!
Post a Comment