I have it. Senioritis. (Or, as my parents like to call it, "short timer's.") I have ZERO motivation to do anything these days. I'm caught in this weird limbo land where I'm very comfortable here and not looking forward to leaving my sweet sister and awesome brother-in-law and darling nephew and all my friends, so I want time to go really slowly for the next 7-8 weeks. But I also just want to fast forward and be in North Carolina and get started on my program so all this really stressful stuff is behind me. It's a hard place to be. But I think you learn the most when you're uncomfortable, so I guess this limbo land is good for me. Thank heavens there's a light at the end of the tunnel.
This is the last week of my final prereq class, and I cannot wait for it to be over! I have three papers due by the end of the week (well, 2 papers and a discussion post), and while I would love to say I'm totally on top of it and they are done (one out of three isn't bad for Monday, right?), they are just hanging over my head. God bless anyone who majored in sociology, because from my (extremely limited) standpoint, it is just a ton of busywork. No thank you. I can't complain too much because I have SKATED through this term, and I have literally only missed two points in the whole class thus far, so I think I'll be okay. But Friday will be a welcome relief.
Then I just have the last few weeks of work, including giving my notice (which has been a whole different can of worms), packing up my stuff and figuring out how to get it to NC (it's looking like U-Pack/ABF is definitely the best bet, thanks to everyone who gave me suggestions, especially Raquel), saying goodbye to everyone, finding a place to live, figuring out financial aid, and tying up loose ends. You know. No biggie, right? Eeeek.
But right now my main focus is trying to trudge through this senioritis feeling to make it through the next few weeks of work and finish my class without going totally crazy. Luckily I have a cute baby to love on and a huge adventure to look forward to in the meantime.
No comments:
Post a Comment