Remember in my last update post about school I said unless something crazy happened, I'd be moving to Richmond to go to VCU?
All the information is finally in and I have made a decision about the next two years of my life.
Are you ready?
Drumroll, please.....................
This summer I will be moving to...........................
NORTH CAROLINA!!!!!!!
Durham, to be exact. :) I have officially accepted my offer of admission at Duke University, so continuing in my tradition of attending great basketball schools, starting this fall I will be joining the Blue Devils! I've also withdrawn my applications at all my other schools and declined all my other offers of admission, so this is it! It is crazy and SOOOOOOOO overwhelming, but I'm REALLY excited about it! I went down in March to interview and it is GORGEOUS down there, the campus is incredible, the program is fantastic, the people are wonderful, and I definitely felt like it was the right place for me. Despite being totally overwhelmed, I know this is the right decision. I asked God to make it really clear to me when I visited my top 2 where I was supposed to go, and He definitely did. Duke it is. :)
Orientation starts August 20th, so I have a few more months to snuggle my sweet nephew and figure out how I'm going to get everything I own all the way to the other coast (any suggestions? Preferably ones that don't cost a million dollars?). These next few months will be an adventure!
I need to work as long as I can, which means I'm holding off on letting my employer know until I know for sure when I'm leaving and I'm ready to tell them, so I won't be making any big, public announcement on Facebook or anywhere else just yet. For now it's still kinda quiet, but I'm excited and I wanted to let my handful of friends who read this in on the news in case you haven't already heard!
Thanks for all your support and love throughout this crazy process the last several months. I know I will continue to rely on my friends and family for the next year and a half while I go through this crazy, intense program--couldn't do it without you guys. Thank you for your kind words and encouragement when I get overwhelmed, for being my cheerleaders, and for helping me get through all the stress and ups and downs of it all. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.
So, who's coming to visit? :)

5 comments:
AWESOME!!! That sounds so wonderful I am so excited for you. As for someone who has moved a lot we use the U-Pack system it was the cheapest by far. They bring a big moving truck to your house and you purchase as much of the truck as you think you'll need. Then in 3 days they pick the truck up and drive it to you next destination and you meet them there. Then you have 3 more days to unload it. All the gas and taxes and insurance are included in your price so the stress of things aren't on your back. Really nice we use them each time plus you get a discount for being a student. GOOD LUCK
CONGRATS, Jen!! I'm so excited for this next adventure in your life. You'll do great in great, and you'll be a great nurse. Lots of love!
Congratulations - that is thrilling news! What a big accomplishment.
I am so excited for you. Our little home town girl growing and making a difference in the world. Go Jen!
Good luck!
The U-Pack was great for Matt and Raquel. It saved them so much time and money. Good luck. Love ya
We need to see an up-date. I know you are there and getting up packed. I saw your dad tonight at the store. Thanks for always sharing.
Post a Comment