Let's play a game. We'll call it Awesome vs. Not Awesome. As you see each little anecdote, you can decide how my last few weeks have been. (I might give some hints. :) Keep reading and you'll understand...and there may be a wee touch of sarcasm in there...oops.) Here goes:
Allee (my puppy) went through her first heat cycle (gross), then she got spayed. And they didn't give her any pain medicine to go home with and she was in lots of pain. And she got sick. Everytime she would stand up she would sneeze about thirty times (no exaggeration). So this required several trips to the vet. She's doing MUCH better now. Thankfully. Sick puppies are very, very sad. :(
My kitchen flooded. My landlord/maintenance decided, as this happened on a Saturday, it "wasn't an emergency," so they told me just not to use the sink or dishwasher (so, basically don't use the kitchen) and they'll fix it "early next week." So a full week (of not being able to use my kitchen and having a dishwasher full of standing water) and a nasty-gram phone message later, they finally sent maintenance over. He didn't understand why exactly it happened (or, truthfully, what had happened, despite my repeated attempts to explain it), but he tinkered around for a bit, got the dishwasher to drain, and told me I could use my kitchen again and hope it doesn't happen again. (So far, so good. Phew!)
Got a letter saying my lease is up at the end of next month. So my options are renew for a minimum of seven months, which seems like a long time based on the massive uncertainty going on in my life, or go month-to-month and have the rent go up $125/month (NOT awesome). Eeek. I don't know what to do. I have about six days to figure it out.
Had many, many fights with car people (as did my poor dad...he's amazing), and seven weeks and several thousand dollars later, I have my freaking car back. So far it's still working. *Fingers crossed.* Note: My parents are awesome. Car people, especially Jiffy Lube=notsomuch.
Allee gave me a black eye. More on that later.
Had my first attempt at snowboarding and ended up with a massive, nasty bruise on my knee. :) (Kind of awesome.)
Still no word on that whole "no money to pay Jen for her job come September" thing. Also no real news to report on any other opportunities, but my eyes are open.
The colon/semi-colon key fell out of my keyboard on my laptop. I think Allee may have had something to do with it.
As a direct result of my black eye, we have discovered the beauty of the dog park. Allee requires a bath after virtually every visit, but a tired puppy is worth it. She's friendly and fearless, so her new best friends are a St. Bernard, a German Shepherd, and a Great Dane. And every single person under 5 feet tall--she cannot get enough of playing with kids, and every kid she meets loves her, too. :) (Although, don't worry, she likes adults, too.)
Stupid relationship drama. Ugh.
So, other than that, I've just been working a million hours (except this week, because it is spring break in Portland, which means I still have to work, but since I have nothing to do, really, I can take advantage of all the extra hours I have and just work like 3 hours a day) and trying to make sense of my apartment. Let's just say life has been a little...well...less than awesome. But I'm over it. (Trying to be anyway.) And I've decided to learn Spanish. :) We'll see how long I can follow through.
So there you have it. Of course, I'm sure I left some stuff out, but whatevs. Don't worry, if you're better at writing often than I am, I've been keeping up on your blogs even though I don't seem to ever write on mine. :) Thanks for keeping me posted. I'm still trying to do better. :) Loves!
3 comments:
with your apartment lease, would it be cheaper to pay $125 extra per month or the fee to get out of your lease early? If the fee to get out of your 7-month lease early is about the same or less than paying $125 extra every month for a month-to-month I'd do that.
Wow, you sure have a lot going on right now! I hope your car is completely fixed and reliable now! I also hope you figure out what to do about your apartment. Oh the huge and fun decisions we have to make when we are adults! (so not awesome!) Best of luck in all that you are doing though. You are an amazing person and I know you are going to breeze through all of this and come out of it better! :)
wow! that's a lot of "not awesome". I hope this month brings a little more awesomeness! Hang in there!
Post a Comment