Monday, May 10, 2010

Tana's Shower

In a few weeks, I am going to be a bridesmaid in my friend Tana's wedding. She's marrying another friend of mine from college, and I'm glad I can take part in their special day. I'm also singing a song for the wedding, so we'll see how that goes. :)

Anyway, to give you a little background, I've known Tana since about halfway through our freshman year of college. I've gotten to know her family pretty well over the years. Her dad is a judge and her mom is a public health nurse. When I visited Florence, Italy for spring break during my time in London, I happened to get there the same day her family got there, and they were amazing! They took care of my like I was their own kid, paying for all my meals, letting me stay in the house they were renting, etc. I've also gone to Wenatchee to go horseback riding with her mom or hang out with them. They have an amazing family. All three kids, Tana included, are attorneys, although only one (her older sister, Sarah) actually practices law. They are a very cultured, classy, cool family, but they're all very down-to-earth, small town, fun people.

So Tana's sister, Sarah, and her grandmother held her bridal shower. Now, to be completely honest, I am not a big fan of bridal showers (or baby showers, for that matter). I usually hate playing all the dumb games and being there with a whole bunch of giggly girls being extra, extra squealy and silly. Knowing Sarah, I was hopeful that this shower would be very classy and not like the ones I was used to--I was totally right.

The shower was held at an adorable little bed and breakfast where they do high tea! It was AWESOME!! I wish I had photos, but I didn't bring a camera all weekend, so no photies. :( Oh well.

There were about fifteen of us there, all dressed up--it was a blast. The table settings were gorgeous with real, fancy china, the old house was awesome, and the food was outstanding. We all got to pick our own type of tea and got little, individual pots (I had a pear tea, and it was delicious). They started out with these cups of sun-dried tomato-basil ravioli soup, then we had English scones with jam and clotted cream, then tea sandwiches, fruit, and desserts. We only played two games--Sarah made a crossword puzzle about Tana and Devin (and I won!), and we were given hair bands and there were three words we weren't allowed to say or we lost our rubber bands (whoever had the most at the end won). Perfect. It was probably the best shower I have ever been to, and not at all annoying. We had plenty of time to chat and hang out, and it wasn't stressful or silly. Awesome.

Afterwards Allee and I went to Sarah's house to give Allee a chance to run around with Sarah's dog for a bit, and we had a nice chat, then we headed back to Portland.

It was hectic, crazy, exhausting weekend, but I had a blast.

2 comments:

Yellow House said...

You have been busy blogging! Welcome back! I've missed "seeing" you around! Congrats to Tana!

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

Oh my heavens just reading about that darling tea place is making my cravings go NUTS!