Okay, so I said my next post would be about THE hat, so here we go.
Are you ready?
She had originally told us the hat would be small-ish, kind of tear-drop shaped, and brown to match our dresses, with "a few feather accents" in our individual colors. A couple of the girls had seen some proto-types or tried on very early versions of the hat, but I don't think any of us had seen the finished product.
Until the night before the wedding.
At the end of the rehearsal dinner, she excitedly gave each of us our hats.
Are you ready?
This was mine:
No, I'm not joking.
Yes, I'm serious. :)
Now, I'm not the only one who looked at that and thought, "A FEW feather ACCENTS?" right?
And if you remember correctly, each of us had a different color, so one hat had bright yellow feathers, another bright green, another bright blue, and the last bright orange.
Needless to say, we were all a little...surprised...when we saw the hats.
I will refrain from saying much more about it, but I will tell you that this Chinese man did my hair, and I took the hat in to show him what I had to work with and he created a style that, at least from the back and side, looked pretty cool with the hat.
There was seriously a 2" curler buried underneath in my hair. It was crazy.
So, seriously...what do you think?
4 comments:
I'll say this: if anyone could pull that off, it would be you! :)
I love the hat! But I have a hard time picturing one with bright yellow feathers! :-)
Wow! I have been dying to read about "the hat" and I am not disappointed! Your hair looks awesome.
so I'm having flashbacks of a certain red costume with those "accent feathers" on the bum...I'm trying to decide which is worse :) You still look amazing!
Post a Comment