Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Simple Request.

Hey friends. I'm not usually one to ask things from people, but I have a favor to ask. Tomorrow--or today, depending on when you read this--(Wednesday, July 21st) is my birthday, and I have a simple request: if you read this or think of me, will you do something nice for someone? It doesn't have to be anything complicated, just a little random act of kindness. It could be anything, from giving a note saying something nice to a stranger to being a little bit more patient with your kids to...well, you get the idea. And then, if you have the time and motivation, will you leave me a comment and let me know about it? I was just thinking it would be a cool birthday present to send a little more love out into the world, wherever my friends and family might be. Thanks, friends. I can't wait to hear what you think up! I love you!

3 comments:

Megs said...

Happy Birthday Jen! Today, we drove pass a man holding a sign that said, "just hungry" less than a mile from our house. As, I drove by, I felt that tug to do something, but didn't have any food or cash on hand. But in honor of your birthday, we came home packed a bag of groceries, fresh food, and gatoraid. Then turned around and went back by the guy. Corbin handed the man the bag and recieved a heartfelt "Thank you, and God Bless". Happy Birthday!

Josh and Kristen said...

I hope you had a great birthday! Your post inspired me to be more patient with my little boys while we were weeding the garden this morning. Thanks!!!

audri jo said...

Hi dear friend...I hope your day was wonderful. I had been meaning to make a donation to Kristen and family, so after reading your post yesterday I finally did. Then I went home and made zucchini bread for 4 of our neighbors. And thought of you. Thanks for your beautiful example and friendship!