I just have to post a shout-out to my sweet boyfriend. We actually celebrated his birthday last weekend, since we spent today, his actual birthday, at a Memorial Service for a friend of his who died in a tragic accident a few weeks ago. It was a very nice service, and great to see a lot of his friends.
We did have sort of a mini-celebration afterwards, with a birthday dinner at Red Robin. It was really fun, and I smuggled in a birthday cake I made him as a surprise (it took some ninja moves on my part to get it there, since he decided we should drive his car from the service to the restaurant, but he was definitely surprised--I figured if you have to spend your birthday at a funeral, you should at least get to have a birthday cake!). Then we went back to his parents' house and snuggled up to a movie on the couch (yep, I've officially met the parents now!). It was a nice day.
The point is, it's been eight months since I met this incredible man, and I am a lucky, lucky girl. He is kind and sweet and smart and funny and talented and wonderful, and I definitely feel like I'm the one who got the gift in him. He's pretty great. :)
Happy birthday, babe! Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment