Saturday, April 9, 2011

Happy Birthday to My Bestie!!

Today is my best friend April's birthday. I just have to put up a quick post about one of the most beautiful people I know.

I am SO blessed to have April in my life. I can't honestly remember when I met her (we were in Kids are Music way back in the day together, right, April?), and we went through a rough spell in Junior High (too much rivalry...eek!), but we teamed up in a CRAZY Advanced Drama class and have been friends ever since (yep, this means we have been friends over half our lives now...love it!!).
She has been such a blessing in my life. If you don't know this woman, sad for you, because she is incredible. We have been through A LOT together, and she is one person I always know I can count on, no matter where we live, no matter what happens. I can't begin to tell you how many hours we have spent laughing and crying on the phone together since we've been in separate cities. This girl is one of the few people I know who can read my mind (literally), and who can say it like it is without hurting my feelings and tell me the things I need to hear. She is super smart, uber talented and creative, and she is an amazing friend. She is also one of the funniest, sweetest, most supportive people I know.

When Erik and I broke up, Logan was 3 weeks old. I was a wreck and it was late at night, but I sent her a text that said, "Erik and I just broke up." The second she saw the text, she called me and said, "Oh my gosh, Jen, I can't believe you sent this text an hour ago and I just saw it, I am so sorry, I'm a terrible friend, I'm so, so, sorry!" I think I laughed before I started crying again and told her I knew she'd call me when she saw it, no biggie. She then proceeded to say exactly the things I needed to hear (like a best friend does), but the most amazing thing she said was this: "Jen, I have an infant. I am up all hours. Seriously. Call me anytime. You won't wake me up. If you need to talk, just call me." And over the next few weeks, as I worked through being a total mess, you'd better believe I took her up on that offer. She was 100% there for me when I really, really needed her, even through some really late night phone calls and a lot of tears, and I can't begin to tell you how much that meant (and still means) to me. She is one person I know I can call anytime, no matter what.

My sister and I agree she is like a sister to us--she practically lived at my house in high school, especially senior year (not that either of spent much time there, though--we were always at school!)! We have been through boy drama (waaaaay too much boy drama), life drama, roommate drama, you name it. And we've always managed to somehow come out on top. I love that I'm included on the "family" list so I get texts and videos of her adorable children doing hilarious things--she is an incredible mom, and you can tell by how awesome her kiddos are. I love that we're at pretty different places in our lives, and somehow, it doesn't matter. We can still talk for hours anytime, and when we see each other, it feels like no time has passed.

I could go on and on about how amazing and wonderful my best friend is, but suffice it to say, I love you, girl! No worries about being 30--the best is yet to come! :) Thanks for your love, your friendship, your support, and all the memories we have--you are the BEST! Happy, happy birthday!

No comments: