This is a Jillian Michaels Recipe, and you guys, it is seriously SO good! I added mushrooms and just used spaghetti sauce instead of tomatoes (because I was not feeling so hot and just needed some food so I could take my pain meds) and added in a little garlic, but same idea. It is DELICIOUS!! And if your kiddos are afraid of veggies, if you peel the dark green skin off the zucchini and don't put it in with the rest of it, it honestly looks (and tastes) a lot like linguini noodles, so they probably won't even notice (I'm not afraid of veggies, so I just tossed it all in). I didn't have cheese so I didn't add it, but I'm sure that would make it even more amazing! :) And the best part is it is ridiculously healthy (and super low-calorie)! Bring on the summer veggies!
A HEALTHY PASTA ALTERNATIVE
Craving pasta? I've swapped your usual pasta for a low-carb and highly nutritious version made with zucchini. Even your inner child will enjoy these veggies!
Veggie Pasta With Italian Chicken Sausage
Ingredients:
- 2 small zucchini
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 pound cooked Italian chicken sausage, sliced into small pieces
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
1. Using a vegetable peeler and turning the zucchini as you go, slice the zucchini into ribbons. In a skillet, over medium heat, sauté zucchini in 1 tablespoon of oil until it's soft and the edges are clear. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. In a separate pan over medium heat, heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and add garlic. Sauté for a minute, and then add the tomatoes and oregano. Simmer for a few minutes, and then stir in the sausage.
3. Spoon sauce over zucchini. Sprinkle with Parmesan to taste.
Makes 2 servings.
No comments:
Post a Comment