Thursday, April 19, 2012

So Now You See...

That's what I mean by both good news and bad news, and this being a weird time in my life.  My sweetheart and I were talking a couple weeks ago and he said he was really surprised I'm not more upset and broken up about my Grandma passing away.  I've thought a lot about this, and as I told him, of course I'm sad she's gone and I will definitely miss her a lot.  That being said, she lived a good, long life and she was ready to go, and I know she is definitely in a better place now, surrounded by family and friends and loved ones who have gone before her.  But the overarching thing that has gotten me through this is that while I had this sad, difficult, chaotic stuff going on, I also had this amazing, wonderful thing with him going on, and having that to focus on has really helped temper the sad parts.

Doesn't he have the prettiest eyes?  :)
When I get into a new relationship, I always wait a little while to tell many people about it, just to make sure it's actually going to go somewhere.  My sister had already met him and liked him, and we had been seeing each other for awhile by the time everything started going downhill with my Grandma.  On that Sunday, we went to church together and then were making lunch at my apartment.  I asked him if he planned on sticking around in my life for awhile, and he laughed and said, "I hope so!"  I said, "Good, I hope so, too.  So can I tell my family about you?"  He replied with a smile, "Yep.  I've already told my family about you."  So the night before she died, I told my family about him, and specifically asked my Dad to tell my Grandma about him.  Literally every time I spoke with her on the phone, she would say, "So, do you have a boyfriend yet, honey?"  My dad said he told her about him, and she was "plum tickled."  :)  I love my Grandma and I miss her, but I KNOW she is smiling down on me and is THRILLED that I have a special someone in my life who is so amazing and is making me so, so happy.

4 comments:

Hope said...

Are they contacts?

How fun that your grandma knew about him before she passed. It's the little things that we enjoy sharing with the ones we know love us and want to celebrate our happy moments with us.

Gilbrides said...

SO happy for you and this wonderful part of your life! I am so excited for all of these wonderful stories you will soon be sharing ;)

Jen said...

Haha, he DOES wear contacts, but I promise they're clear! His eyes are just that blue. :) And I tell him all the time that I am totally jealous of his eyelashes. :)

Unknown said...

GIRL! I am so sorry that it has taken me this long to check in on you and your big news! This is really turning out to be our year! We should chat sometime because I am heading to WA at the end of June and I will be in the Seattle area, maybe we could meet up with our boys? maybe?