Best news ever is that Clay's work decided he's too important on all the projects they have to do for the next month, so he is NOT moving to nights!! HOORAY!!! That means I might actually have a prayer (although a VERY small one) of seeing him between now and the 4th of July.
Second best news is that I FOUND AN APARTMENT! It's VERY different from my current apartment, so moving in will be an adventure, but I signed the lease, paid my whole life savings (haha...only kind of joking), and got the keys this morning, so I officially have a new place to live! And the BEST part is that it is only 1.4 miles from Amy and Sterling's house, and 0.6 miles from Clay's. This will seriously make my life SO much better! It's going to be so awesome to not have to spend all my evenings and weekends in the car if I want to see them from now on! And my friend Leah only lives about five minutes away, too, which is another awesome part of the whole situation. I was REALLY hesitant about the whole thing at first (I DESPISE moving), but the more I think about it now, the more I can really only see positives in the whole thing. The only downside, really, is that it's more expensive. Whatever. Totally worth it. So THANK YOU for throwing up a prayer or two for me, because finding and getting this apartment was 110% an answer to (frantic, fervent) prayer. Now to undergo the crazy moving process. Luckily I have a few weeks to do it, so it shouldn't be TOO bad, I hope. On the bright side, it will be a good distraction from never getting to see my boyfriend.
I had the best weekend this weekend! Clay finally got home around 8:00 on Friday, so we just had a super low-key evening together, which was really nice. Then on Saturday, Amy and I took our dogs hiking in Forest Park (which is literally a giant forested park right in Portland--it's awesome) and ended up with some MUDDY puppies--like SERIOUSLY muddy. We carried them straight to the bathtub when we got back to Amy's and washed away the sludge. Then we went shopping to find Sterling a birthday present and ran into Clay and his friend downtown (how random is that?!).
Saturday night Clay took me to the Portland Roller Derby Championships! Neither of us had ever seen Roller Derby before, and it was HILARIOUS!! We had so much fun. It was definitely an experience, and by the end I think I actually even understood what was going on. The first game (match? bout?) was a total blowout, but the championship round was super close and won at the last second, so that was fun! It was awesome.
Sunday morning we went to church together, then he took me out for lunch at this awesome Lebanese place, then we went out for frozen yogurt before he dropped me back off at my car. It was the perfect way to spend a Sunday morning/early afternoon.
So, I guess you could say we're definitely trying to make the most of the time we have to see each other before he gets totally swamped...he starts working this Sunday and then he will only have one day off until the turn around at his plant is finished, hopefully by the 4th of July. Poor guy. But we're having fun in the meantime! :)
And last but not least, I finished 30 Days in a row of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred this weekend!!!! Super hard, but I feel awesome after doing it. Now I have to find the next challenge. If you're looking for a quick, hard, effective way to work out, I totally recommend that DVD. It's awesome.
So, that's my story. Now to start packing...
3 comments:
Good luck packing, I feel your pain. I hate moving as well! Keep the end goal in mind.
Good luck with the move!! Good luck being without your sweetheart! That will be so great living closer though, wahoo!!
Congrats! On the apartment, and on the 30 day Shred. I've started it many times and enjoyed it but must admit I've never stuck with it for more than a week or 10 days. I have to ask...did you notice any results in addition to just feeling totally AWESOME?!
Post a Comment