Friday, June 22, 2012

Now I'm Private, and Here's Why...

Thanks, friends.  I think I added everyone who asked, and now I'm private for the time being.  It's a long, long story, but the gist of it is this:

A friend of mine from college has been in an abusive relationship with her husband and is a victim of domestic violence.  She has turned to me for assistance, as he has isolated her from her friends and family, and she knew I lived nearby.  Due to a long list of scary things she told me, and since I am a mandatory reporter for child abuse, neglect, and endangerment, I decided I had no choice but to take some action to help her get her child out of the home (my friend was thrown out of her home by her husband, is effectively homeless, and her 7 year old daughter was still in the home).  Through my own fault, he found out I made the report and he is VERY angry and threatening.  There is obviously A LOT more to the story, but the long and short of it is, for my own safety and the safety of those I love, I just need to make sure my online presence is safe and secure for awhile until things calm down and get sorted out.  My blog was already unsearchable and there aren't a ton of people who know I have it, but better to be safe than sorry. So thanks for shooting me a message and reading my blog and wanting to keep reading it now that it's private.

Don't worry about me--the police are involved and know everything that's been going on, and coincidentally I just happen to have recently moved (very near my sweet and strong boyfriend) and there are only like 5 people who know where I live, so I am totally safe.  I'm just concerned about my friend and her child, but she is being very brave and taking the necessary steps to get them both to a safe situation, and I am very proud of her.

Thanks for being concerned!  And thanks for caring about me and reading my blog.  :) 

Loves!

1 comment:

Hope said...

Your poor friend. I admire her for her strength and courage to endure and overcome. What a sad situation - how is her child holding up? This sort of stuff can be very scary and confusion to adults, let alone a young child! Thank heavens she has her mama and a good friend in YOU! Definitely do whatever's necessary to stay safe and I'll be praying for a fast, peaceful resolution!