I have officially submitted applications to:
- University of Southern Maine (in Maine, obviously)
- SUNY-Binghamton University (in upstate New York, about 1 1/2 hrs from NYC)
- Virginia Commonwealth University (in Richmond, VA)
- Duke University (in Durham, North Carolina)
I'm still looking at a couple more schools, but looks like my next deadline is not until February, so I think I can breathe for a minute. Phew! This has been CRAZY.
I am FINISHED with my Human Development class!! Yay!!! I think I only missed 8 points in the entire class and I did 20 extra credit points, so pretty sure I will solidly pull off an A in there with no problem. I actually really enjoyed that class (and probably would have enjoyed it even more had I not been also taking stats).
I have another 2 weeks left in Statistics (ugh). I seriously HATE this class. My teacher is horrible (he honestly hasn't taught me anything, I've taught myself the whole thing, which I realize is one of the dangers of an online class, but sheesh). Also, he made us do a GROUP PROJECT. In an ONLINE MATH CLASS. Are you kidding me? Have you ever heard of anything so dumb? Don't worry, it gets better. We got the info for the project on October 1st, and it was due the Sunday before Thanksgiving. The WEEK BEFORE it was due, he emailed us and was like, "Oh, by the way, 2 of your 5 group members have dropped the class." Seriously? Freaking ridiculous, especially since the drop deadline had been weeks before, so obviously he'd known this well before he told us. Ugh. He had told us to set it up in such a way that at least two people completed each section of the project so we could check our answers, and with two people gone, that was no longer an option. So we finally got our stuff done (we couldn't finish until the week before it was due because we hadn't learned the material yet) and then we had to compile it. We made arrangements to get together in person to put the project together, then on the day we were supposed to meet, one of the women bailed. The other woman and I got together and worked on compiling it for SIX hours (in the meantime the third woman said, "Oh, I thought you'd be done by now so I just went home because I was going to be late" after we'd only been working on it for ONE hour...laaaaaaaame).
So, long story short, we finally got it all finished and compiled and finalized and submitted it. Then, the night before Thanksgiving I checked my grade he had just posted and it said we got 90/150. I was FREAKING OUT. That's only 60% and I was literally CLINGING to an A. This dropped my grade to barely hanging onto a B. And did I mention not one of the points we lost was from the sections of the project I completed? I was SOOOOOO frustrated. I even called my folks in tears at like midnight because I was so upset. So the next day (Thanksgiving), at about 12:45 PM, he posted an announcement that basically said, "Oops, um, I accidently posted your percentage instead of your points. So, uhhhh, it's fixed now." That's right folks, we got 90%, not 90 pts. 135/150. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? I hate this guy. Seriously, who requires a group project in a math class, or in an online class, let alone an ONLINE MATH CLASS. SO dumb. I am still somehow clinging to that A, so hopefully I'll be able to pull of these last two homework assignments and the gigantic comprehensive final. I am more than a little stressed out about this. Can it please be December 15th already?
Anyway, that's my story. I am waiting at the airport to go visit my college bestie, Debi, who is there with her hubby and new baby, visiting from France and staying with her parents. I cannot wait to see her! And Southwest has been SOOOO impressive today. Having a delayed flight is frustrating, but their gate agents have been AMAZING. They have gone out of their way to reschedule folks who needed to make connections, and they have been incredibly accommodating and friendly and polite. They even put out pop and snacks for us while we're waiting, and when they changed our gate, they packed up the goodies and moved them over to our new gate for us. Seriously, what other airline does this? Yet another reason to always fly Southwest. They're amazing.
Cheers to December and the start of the Christmas season!
1 comment:
Your prof. sounds a little nutso!! Good job on the A, good luck on getting an A, and good luck with all of your applications. And, have fun in Phoenix. How long are you going to be there? Lots of love!
Post a Comment