Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Reasons Why I Am a Huge Stress Case.

Listen to all the things I'm responsible for at work:

1. Religious Education/Sunday School for the following grades:
A. Pre-K
B. Kindergarten
C. 1st Grade
D. 2nd Grade
E. 3rd Grade
F. 4th Grade
G. 5th Grade
H. 6th Grade
2. First Reconciliation Prep.
3. First Reconciliation
4. First Communion Prep.
5. First Communion
6. Right of Christian Initiation for Children
7. Young Adult Ministry
8. Newman Ministry
9. Theology on Tap
10. Adult Education
11. Adult Faith Formation
12. Intergenerational Faith Formation
13. Parish-wide events, including the Advent Event
14. Marriage Prep
15. Wedding Coordination
16. Safety and Abuse Prevention Training for ALL employees and volunteers
17. Organizing and pulling off a pancake breakfast
18. Operation Rice Bowl

In addition to all these things, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM requires GOBS of paper-work and record-keeping and scheduling and phone calling and e-mailing and sending out letters and getting all the necessary paperwork in order and making sure all the proper procedures are followed and acting like a collections agency to make sure people pay their fees and going to meetings and keeping track of fifty million things and....

I forgot to mention that I also have to teach and give talks.

And did I mention we're also required to be at every major parish fundraiser and/or event, even if it takes place on my day off? Yep.

And I'm sure I'm leaving things out.

*sigh*

I love my job.

1 comment:

Gilbrides said...

wow, that is a lot of stuff to be responsible for. However, I know that you are super smart, organized, and capable. I have always been impressed with how amazingly smart and organized you are. Even though it's a ton, I'm sure you are super great at it.