Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hola from San Sebastian!!

This is going to be short and sweet, but just wanted to let you know I´m alive and having a fabulous time in Spain!

I left Portland suuuuuuper early (thanks to my fabulous boyfriend for the ride to the airport!!), and headed toward Atlanta, Georgia. Definitely had some adventures, with more info to come later. I called Erik from Atlanta and found out his grandma died that morning while I was on the plane. Talk about rotten timing. I feel horrible that I can´t be there for him. But he understands.

Anyway, from Atlanta onto Paris, then a train to Avignon. I played with my friend Debi for the day, went out with all the Americans (Debi´s friends and family) for dinner the night before the wedding, and then went to the B&B in Orange, France. We spent Saturday getting Debi ready, then had the wedding, then drove an hour and a half to an amazing little place outside of Jaujac for the reception. I have never been to anything like it; it lasted until 4 AM!!

Sunday, we headed back to Orange, then my friend Ben and I took a train to Lourdes, France, arriving at 2 AM! We spent the next day and a half there (glorious!), then headed, on a fluke, to San Sebastian, Spain. I´ll tell you the story when I get home.

Tomorrow we´re onto Loyola, Spain, then later to Barcelona. After Barcelona, onto Madrid, and from there I will head back to Portland, via NYC, on Sunday.

It´s been GLORIOUS, and I will post photos and stories and many more exciting details when I return (or after I recover from the inevitable jet lag a little!). Let´s just say, I´m doing great and wish you were here!

Loves!

(P.S. Please keep Erik and his family in your prayers!)

1 comment:

Amy said...

I CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE BLOGS ABOUT YOUR TRIP!!!!! LOVE YOU SISTAH!