Have you ever heard of this product? All I can say is NEVER BUY IT. And if you already own it, THROW IT AWAY!! Let me tell you a story...Remember how Friday night I told you my shoulder and neck were KILLING ME (after-effects from my car accident whiplash a year and a half ago)? Well, it just kept getting worse, I couldn't sleep, and I couldn't figure out what to do to make it better. I had some Capzasin in a little roll-on applicator thing that I hadn't used before, and it's supposed to provide pain relief, so I decided to give it a shot. I rolled it onto my neck and shoulder as best I could. It dripped down my back a little, so I wiped it off, put my shirt on, and tried to go to sleep. This was probably around 1 AM.
At 4 AM I woke up in excruciating pain. I felt like I had 2nd and 3rd degree burns on my shoulder and neck--I'm not kidding. It didn't feel like it was on fire (not hot), it felt like I was being burned. It was HORRIBLE. So I was doing the whole delirious, half-asleep, extreme pain thing, trying to problem solve at 4 in the morning. I got a towel completely wet in cold water and put it under my shirt...which helped for about ten minutes, until my body heat warmed up the towel and then it hurt WORSE. In my sleep-induced delirium, I couldn't convince myself to take a shower and get my hair wet (I HATE sleeping with wet hair!), but I knew I needed to GET IT OFF. So I was lying halfway over the bathtub, dumping ice cold water over my neck and shoulder and trying to scrub it off with Dove Body Wash. If the water was even just cool, it felt like burning. I had to use icy cold water. It totally didn't work. It only helped while the ice water was on me.
I looked in the mirror, and my back and shoulder were bright red from the cold. You know how it looks when someone scrapes you really hard with their fingernail (like rakes it across your skin)? It looked like that where the Capzasin had dripped down my back--a huge long welt. MISERY. I was finally able to fall back asleep around 6 AM, but only by lying on a bag full of ice cubes--that's the only thing that helped. By the time I woke up, it had calmed down, but let me tell you, I WILL NEVER DO THAT EVER AGAIN!!!!!
And I threw that bottle away.
Moral of the story: Unless you want to forget about your muscle pain by inducing a massive BURNING feeling on your skin, don't EVER use this product.
And click HERE if you want someone else's opinion about this.
3 comments:
Yikes, Jen! That's awful!! Sorry you had such a rough night! I hope you find something SOON that helps relieve the pain!
Wow, that sounds completely horrible. I am so sorry! My mother-in-law used it and she said it was horrible as well. I wonder why it is still on the shelvles. Hope you find something to ease the pain!
Well . . .it IS based on chile peppers. Sorry you had such a bad reaction. It's powerful stuff. Hope everything is ok now.
Post a Comment