Saturday, May 9, 2009

My Newest Hobby.

So, my work got wind of the candy box cake I made for Valentine's Day and they convinced me to donate a cake for the auction at our fund-raising dinner.  In the middle of my crazy, co-worker's on paternity leave and I have to do both of our jobs and then some, week, the lady who bought the cake wanted it.  Oi.  So I had to figure something out in a short time.  Keep in mind I've never really done stuff like this before, so it was all a hope, a prayer, and a whole bunch of luck.  With the directions, "It's for my daughter's 30th birthday, and she likes confetti cake and she likes red," this is what I came up with:
I thought it turned out pretty darn good (even if it did take forever to get it done), especially for my first time doing something like this!  This is a confetti cake with raspberry filling.  What do you think?

3 comments:

Gilbrides said...

Beautiful cake! I still would LOVE to learn how to decorate cakes. You are amazing!!

audri jo said...

Not only has it been months since I've posted anything to my blog...but it's been forever since I've checked anyone else's. This is SO cute, I'm very impressed. Something I've always wanted to learn to do! Teach me?

Jen said...

Audj, I'll totally teach you! :) (I'm just learning myself, though!)