Amy and Ster came to visit a couple weeks ago for their friend Ali's wedding, and they stayed with me. Meem helped me out a bunch with a retreat I was running, we had gelato with her friend Julie--it was a good time!! I sooooo wanted to go out with them and their friends to do karaoke on Friday night, but I was miserably sick, so no going out for me. :( I was seriously really, really sad--I cried! But luckily for me I have a fabulous boyfriend who brought me flowers and gatorade and a magazine and came over to nurse me for the evening. We just laid on the couch and watched baseball and TV and stuff. He was a rockstar. (Thanks, baby!)
They went to the wedding (Amy did the hair of 3 of the bridesmaids AND the bride--I told her cosmetology school was cheaper, faster, and less stressful than PT school--maybe she chose the wrong profession!! :) Just kidding), then Erik and I met them and 2 of Amy's girlfriends/bridesmaids from her wedding and went out to dinner. Fun times. It was early to bed for most everyone, and they left on Sunday morning. I was really sad to see them go, but glad they had a chance to go for a lil' sushi date before they left P-town, since they don't get to be together for the summer. :(
Then my mom came a few days later--I felt bad, because I was DYING sick when she got into town. I had gotten some new cough syrup the night before from the Urgent Care, and I'm pretty sure I was allergic to it--NOT PRETTY!!! Let's just say once I made it to the airport, I made her drive, and we had to make a pitstop at my office, where I stopped by the bathroom to puke my guts out. NO GOOD. Yep...got rid of that stuff in pretty short order, and won't be taking it again. It was miserable--like the worst of when I had vertigo. Ugh.
Anyway, she came up for my cousin's graduation from UP (good job, Steph!), and so we had a fun weekend with my mom's sisters and their hubbies. She helped me out with a retreat, too. :) And she altered my roommate's wedding dress for her. Nice, huh? It was fun to hang out. Erik had to go up to the Tri-Cities to see the play his sister was directing, but my mom and I had dinner with him on Monday night before she left. It was good. I didn't want her to leave, either!
Then last night I had the girls from one of the REACH teams in town crashing at my place. They are adorable and so fun! :) It was good to have them, even though it was a short visit.
My roommate's mom has been in town and staying at our house for like 2 1/2 weeks, her step-dad and grandma were in town for a few days, and apparently her brother just moved into our basement...so needless to say, even though I LOVE visitors, I'm kind of ready for all the chaos to be over and things to settle down a bit. (Maybe it's just always harder when the visitors who stay forever are not your own.) There's a lot more to that story, but let's just say my visitors are MUCH more considerate to both of us than her visitors have been, and I'm pretty much over them being here. Oi. I think my friend might be coming down to visit this weekend (maybe?), but otherwise, looks like when her mom finally leaves this week, we might finally get our house back. I'm ready.
No comments:
Post a Comment