I will be the first to admit that, since we have all always lived in different states, we haven't been able to spend as much time or be as close to each other as we'd all like, but we all have a pretty great relationship, and it was really fun to have a girls' weekend together.
Heather and Michaela got to Portland pretty late, so we did some visiting and catching up when they got there for an hour or two, then everyone headed to bed. On Saturday we slept in a bit, ate an amazing brunch of fruit and sausage and gluten-free pancakes (Amy made them and they were DELICIOUS!!). Then we headed out to explore. Michaela had never been to Portland, so we did very "Portland-y" things, like the Saturday Market, Voodoo Donuts, Trendy...I mean TWENTY-Third, McMenamins, etc. (And if you don't know what these things are, I think it's high time you came for a visit!) We did lots of walking and talking and eating--it was kind of the plan for the weekend. :)
Saturday night we made an awesome dinner of grilled fajitas and amazing mango-strawberry margaritas with fresh fruit--soooo delicious! That and a super long game of Apples to Apples rounded out our evening.
Sunday was lots and lots and lots and lots of shopping with some fun restaurants tossed in the middle. It was a good time.
I LOVE MY FAMILY!! It was sooooo great to hang out, and so fun now that we're all adults! Love you, girls!
No comments:
Post a Comment