
Allegro and Coda (both music words) = New Best Friends
Two weekends ago I went up to Spokane for a wedding and instead of making my sweet sister take her AGAIN, I wanted to try to figure out a way to take Allee with me. I figured Sean and Andi's would be easiest (when you have a dog, it's always easier to stay with someone else who has a dog, because the understand the whole dog thing), and then she and Coda could entertain each other. As is the way it usually works, Sean and Andi were going to be out of town when I got there (the standing joke is that they are ALWAYS out of town whenever I'm in Spokane), but it worked out perfectly, because they needed someone to stay with Coda anyway. They left me a key and Allee and I hung out with Coda on Friday night and Saturday morning until Sean and Andi got back, then they watched Allee while I was at the wedding. It was a perfect arrangement.
Anyway, despite their size differences, once they figured out how to play together, they were literally BEST buddies. They played the ENTIRE time we were there for the whole weekend--Allee was WIPED for the majority of the week after we got home (it was AWESOME!). They are both at about the same energy level, which was great because usually other dogs can't quite keep up with either of them. Sean and Andi's other friends also came into town and stopped by with their dog for a couple hours while I was at the wedding, so the three of them had a great time. At one point on Sunday morning, Allee was laying on her back on the couch and Coda was laying ON TOP OF HER, and they were nose to nose licking each other. Andi was worried that Coda would squish her, but Allee was LOVING it!

Allee, Coda, and Penny--INTENSE play time!
Long story short, the wedding was great (besides the bride, I literally only knew one person, Erik's grandpa, and he had no idea who I was), but it was even better to hang out with Sean and Andi and my friend Nicole, stay up way too late talking and laughing, and watch our crazy puppies wear each other out. :) Thanks, Sean and Andi (and Coda) for letting us stay with you! Love you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment