"From success you get a lot of things,
but not that great inside thing that love brings you."
~Sam Goldwyn
My review went totally fine--in fact, the best part was when my supervisor and I were interrupted in the middle for about 20 minutes by our director and her brand new baby puppy! Talk about a happy interruption. But honestly, it was great. So once that was over, all I had to do was get through the Christmas party with our volunteer kids and then hit the road. Talk about antsy! I couldn't wait to get out of there.
LB called me when I was about an hour out and found out I'd be getting into town about 30 minutes before we were to meet up with my friends, so he said he'd come meet me, and boy was I glad he did! (I will admit I stopped a few minutes before I got there to check my hair and makeup and stuff...yeah, I was that girl!) He got there a few minutes after I did and helped me out with a minor catastrophe (and proved himself to be worth his weight in gold and then some), then we headed in to meet up with my awesome college friends, Chelsea and Andrew.
They were the perfect friends for him to meet first, because they are so fun and chill, and such GREAT people. It was fun to introduce him to some people who are important to me, and he fit right in with my friends. I got both of their approval before the night was over. :) The funniest part of the night was when Andrew asked if I'd met his family and if that would be happening on this trip--I just looked at LB and he said, "Umm...maybe...if we have time..."--it was the classic awkward moment, but it was mostly just really funny. Chels and Andrew treated us to some DELICIOUS pizza, and it was really great to catch up with them and introduce him.
After dinner, we headed over to Devin and Tana's place in downtown Seattle. He came up with me to meet them and hang out for a bit and find out where I'd be staying for the week. They met us at the door with big news--"Devin passed his PE exam...and we're having a BABY!!" So we chatted about that for awhile and had a really nice visit. I was mostly super glad LB was willing to hold my hand in front of my friends (it's the little things, really...) and he fit right in. The Gonzaga connection was a definite help in all that.
It was getting late and Dev and Tana had to finish packing before catching an EARLY flight to Denver, so LB decided to head home. He insisted on walking down with me to my car to get my stuff and walking me back to their building before saying goodnight (such a gentleman!), and with a quick kiss and a promise to pick me up the next morning around 10, he headed home for the night.
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment