After receiving so many wise, intelligent, brilliant, insightful responses to the question about advice for teen girls from the women in my life, I decided I should give the many kind, respectful, amazing gentlemen in my life the same opportunity to respond. Here are their thoughts:
Advice to Teenage Girls From Amazing Men
I would say to never let boys determine your self-worth. Be confident in who you are and don't compromise your values.
~Kelly (30-something)
Don't sweat it; the boys feel just as nervous.
~David (20-something)
Boys are dumb. :) Seriously, though, don't expect guys to pick up on subtle hints, messages, feelings, etc., especially in high school.
~Matt (30-something)
Go to church.
~Gavin (6ish)
Love yourself and if you want to ever be viewed seriously by a guy as a human, then dress beautifully, but modestly.
~Joe (20-something)
There's plenty of drama in high school, but if you refuse to get dragged into it, you'll really stand out.
~David (20-something)
Don't let other people determine what YOU will/want to do in life.
~Chris (30-something)
Don't worry about what society and culture says.
~Brandon (30-something)
Always be nice.
~Scott (10ish)
One thing that stands out is how women dress. You can be gorgeous and modest at the same time. Men will respect you for it!
~Mark (30-something)
Look at the way a boy treats his mother and sister and understand that is usually the way he will treat his wife and female co-workers when he grows up. If they don't treat mom and sis with respect it isn't magically going to change.
~Kevin (50-something)
-------------------------------------------------------------
I am beyond blessed to have so many gentlemen of amazing integrity and values who honor and respect women, and I thought these were AMAZING pieces of wisdom to share with all of us. Thanks, men!


No comments:
Post a Comment