"Everyone deserves a happy ending. If it's not all you've dreamed, then it's not your happy ending."
I read this quote today, and it really resonated with me. As my friend Jo said recently, sometimes the Lord has other plans for us, and sometimes we don't understand, at least not right away. Apparently Clay was not my happy ending. :( After a rough week or so, Clay and I broke up. We both still care deeply about each other and hopefully someday we'll be able to be friends, because he's awesome. I am, of course, heartbroken, but I am trusting that if Clay (or any of the other great guys I've dated) isn't the one God has for me, then whoever "the one" is must be pretty darn special. If only God could hurry up and send him my way...
I'm trying hard to be brave and strong and keep my head up, but I'm sure you all know it's just tough. And breaking up a week before my birthday is especially hard. I have the best friends (although I wish I lived closer to all of you!), and I know I am a very lucky and blessed girl. It's just hard sometimes. I know that fear and frustration and hurt are not what God wants for me, and not what will help my heart heal. But God has a plan and I trust that He loves me and wants me to be happy, and has an amazing future for me and for all of us. I'm praying for confidence and courage in God's plan, and the ability to let go of all my insecurity and allow God to heal me and help me move on to a future full of hope.
So please pray for me. I know we all go through hard things, and lots of my friends are going through a huge variety of hard things right now, so know that you all are also in my prayers, and I love you. Here's to all of our happy endings...
7 comments:
Oh, hon, I'm so sorry. Wish I could be closer so that I could give you a big hug, sit on your couch and cry with you, maybe go stomp around in the snow. ;)
And, whoever is "the one" has got to be extra, super special, because you're extra, super special.
Love you, lots, Jen!
Love you Jen, things will work out and eventually we'll get the carrot. :) you are amazing.
Oh sweetie! I understand! My heart hurts for you. You are certainly in my prayers!
First of all: please know that I love you, Jen, even though we haven't talked in ages...but I think-no-I KNOW you are an amazing woman. So beautiful and outgoing and talented and intelligent and SUPER, SUPER friendly! :-)
So, while I wish the best for Clay, I have no doubt that your "Prince Charming" is out there to steal your heart. Although, I know he is a gentleman, so we won't steal it, he'll politely ask for it and then make it his mission to protect it for the rest of his life.
No worries dear, God is preppin' him, and you, for each other.
Love you.
wow trusting in the Lord's timing just hurts sometimes especially when something we want is such a good thing. my heart was broken for jo and now for you. i know you have your head on straight and understand that its all for a reason but that doesnt mean it still doesnt sting. love you girl keep on keepin on...he is out there!!!
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that... but I know you will find the one you're meant to!
I am sooooo late in the game here, but (and this sounds like an awful friend) I have not hopped onto anyone's blogs for a couple months now because I've been so preoccupied trying to build up my new Scentsy/Velata business. So here I sit and wonder, "What's Jen been up to?" and after reading this I'm kicking myself for not logging on earlier. I'm sorry it didn't work out with Clay. You are a beautiful woman and amazing human being. I am frequently touched by your faith and testimony of God's hand in your life. Hope you're feeling much better about it all by now - Love you!
Post a Comment