Holy moly, am I EVER overwhelmed!
I know big life changes are always full of hard and overwhelming decisions, but SHEESH! It's so hard because every single school is on a totally different timeline, they all require confirmation before I've heard from the next one, etc., etc. I have a hard time making decisions until I have all the information, so this is majorly overwhelming to me.
I sent my deposit in to Maine in December because I had NO idea if I would get accepted anywhere else, and I figured even if I had to forfeit it, at least I knew for sure I had a spot somewhere. I still haven't heard anything from NY, but supposedly I should hear by Feb. 15. However, VCU's deposit (which is 2.5x more than Maine's was) is due Feb. 15. So then there's Duke...
Duke is the only program I applied to that doesn't start until August. This is a major check in the "con" category on my pro's and con's list, just because I would like to get started soon, and the other programs start in May. However, the closer my sister gets to having my sweet little nephew, the more I think that starting a few months later might actually be a "pro." A few more months to hang out with the little guy would not break my heart. Duke is more expensive than the others, but it's also ranked a lot higher (#7 in the country for nursing), and it's the only school I've applied to that offers complete tuition reimbursement if you work in their hospital for 3 years post-graduation. They also offer quite a few more scholarship opportunities than the others.
Anyway, I was originally told I wouldn't even hear if I got an interview with Duke until the end of February, so I had kind of just ruled it out and decided I would go to VCU. Then today I got the email (a full month earlier than expected) that I have been invited to come to North Carolina to interview (by the way, THIS IS SO EXCITING!). So now I have this total conundrum. The interviews are at the end of February/early March, so I won't know until probably mid-March if I'm accepted or not.
HOLY MOLY.
So if you have any advice or prayers to spare, I could use them. I know that none of these decisions will be the wrong decision. It's just a lot to figure out right now. In the meantime, does anyone know anything about Raleigh/Durham, NC, or Richmond, VA?
5 comments:
Corey and Robin live in Raleigh, Robin could tell you all about it.
Definitely will send some prayers up for you! Good luck!
They are all good choices and what happens will be Gods will. You do your part and he will do his. Following your feelings. It will all work out. Your in my prayers
Hi girl here is the Tikka Masala recipe you wanted! ENJOY
http://www.fullforkahead.com/2013/01/30/chicken-tikka-masala/
Options are a blessing and a curse, right? I am so excited for you, though, and how awesome that you got an interview email so early! I know you have a desire to do God's will and that you trust Him to guide you to what will ultimately bring the most blessings into your life; it seems to me you have been good in the past at interpreting personal revelation. I know God speaks to us and that He'll speak to you as you pray, ponder, and study His word. Good luck with the decision and I'll be praying for you, too!
Post a Comment