Thursday, October 15, 2009

Tired.

I'm tired.
Not "could use a little nap" tired.
Not "thank goodness it's almost the weekend" tired.
Not "I should go to bed early" tired.
No, this is the kind of tired where you can't keep your eyes open.
Tired where you walk through the door and lay down on the floor and go to sleep.
Tired where all you can do or think about is crawling into bed and sleeping the day away.
I'm. Tired.

That's the truth.

I don't know if it's the gray, nasty Pacific Northwest weather that's rolled in, that I've been RIDICULOUSLY busy at work, or the fact that I left my house around 6 AM this morning, but today was a STRUGGLE. And I drove and drove and drove and drove today. Four different meetings in three different towns, none of which are remotely close to each other, and none of which happen to be the town where I live. Exhausted. That's me.

I was trying so hard to talk myself into going to the gym today, but I literally could barely make the drive to my house without fighting my eyes shutting, let alone the extra 15 to 20 minutes more to get to my gym. So I pulled into my house, walked through the door, dropped my stuff and literally laid down on the floor and passed out for 2 1/2 hours until my friend knocked on the door and woke me up (I knew she was coming). Ridiculous.

And I'm not afraid to admit that today exhaustion left me FIGHTING to not be cranky. For the most part, I think I did a good job, but I will tell you honestly that I FELT cranky. And now I'm home again and all I can think about is crawling into bed. Thank goodness I get to go in late tomorrow!!

Sweet dreams everybody!

2 comments:

Gilbrides said...

That's the kind of tired you cancel as many weekend plans as you can so you can sleep the whole weekend. :) Goodness, I do hope things slow down so you can catch up on some sleep!!!

Shafferprincess said...

Ah, Jen! I know the kind of tired you're talking about and the crankiness that follows - no matter how hard you try to be nice! I hope you can get some GOOD rest tonight, and feel better in the morning!