Saturday, October 24, 2009

Trumping Alexander.

I'm pretty sure I did it. I managed to trump little Alexander on his terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day yesterday. I'm not looking for any sort of pity...in fact, someday I'm sure this will be funny (*please tell me that day will come sooner than later!*), but here's a glimpse of what happened:

So, I haven't shared with ya'll about how Jiffy Lube forgot to put oil in my car when I went to get the oil changed in August and destroyed my engine. My car has been in the shop 3 times since then (first for 2 weeks, then twice for a day). My engine, brakes, transmission fluid, and a bunch of other stuff has all been replaced. MY CAR SHOULD BE WORKING LIKE A BRAND NEW CAR!!!! And yet, after getting only about 5 1/2 hours of sleep the night before, yesterday when I was on my way to work at 7 AM, MY FREAKING 'CHECK ENGINE' LIGHT WENT ON!!!! AHHHH!!!! This probably wouldn't be that big of a deal, except for all the previous stuff that has happened in the last 6 weeks or so.

Then I went to work and had to run a retreat. A teacher from one of the schools came with a few of her students, and in no uncertain terms, let me know she was there to judge and scrutinize my every word and action. Talk about pressure! On top of that I was training a new staff member at the same time...yep. Gotta love that.

Then, after the retreat, said new staff member and I managed to DROP A HELIUM TANK RIGHT ON TOP OF MY FOOT. Have you ever tried to lift a helium tank? They weigh about a hundred million pounds. My foot is killing me.

Then I went to get my oil changed and transmission flushed (things my car was due for anyway) to see if that would make the 'check engine' light go off. $180 later, the dang light is STILL ON.

Then I went home to clean my apartment and hang out. Erik came over...and we broke up.

Yep. Terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

8 comments:

Shafferprincess said...

Oh, Jen, I'm so sorry. I think you're right - you trumped Alexander. And, I'm sorry about you and Erik - I was so sure he was yours forever.

If you need to talk, I'm swollen and can't hardly move much, so I have plenty of time to sit on the phone, or the computer and chat.

I'd wish you had a better day, but knowing how break-ups go (not to mention feet that are incredibly sore), that may not be possible. Just know that I love you, and will be thinking about you and praying for you. You're incredible, Jen! Love ya'!

Hope said...

Oh, geez...no wonder you're feeling so rotten! Nothing makes me ornerier (sp?) than car troubles.

And I'm so bummed about you and Erik. I know he means a lot to you and you to him. I hope guys can still be friends?

When I kneel down tonight, you'll be part of my conversation with our Heavenly Father. Hang in there!

Megs said...

I just read Alexander's Terrible, No Good, Very Bad Day to the boys this week.... and, YES, you did trump him.

So sorry you had such an awful day. I hope the weekend and the beautiful sunny PDX weather that God sent our way is helping raise your spirits.

Amy said...

I love ya Jen. Hang with it, remember...tomorrow is always a better day! :) Especially when you have a cute little buddy to cuddle up with at home...who hopefully will have a name very soon! :)

You are one of the strongest people I know! You'll get through all of this, I know you will. Call me anytime sistah!

April and Jeff said...

I know you already know this but I love you and am here for you anytime. Day or night (I'm up anyway!) We need to figure out a way for you to come and visit me.

Maybe someday you will look back and laugh at this but until then....This really stinks! Love you!

Gilbrides said...

I know you're not looking for sympathy, but you have all of mine! I am so sorry! Especially about you and Erik. Car trouble is terrible, a hurt foot is really bad, but a break-up is the WORST!!!! (I'm sure it will take longer to get over than the car and the foot!) I reallyl wish you all the best. You are an amazing person and you deserve all the love and happiness possible!!!

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

OHHHH NOOOOO that is a bad day, a very very bad day! I don't know what to do...pretend I am hugging you I am so sorry! We will send our prayers your way! Just think tomorrow has got to be better.

Amy and Aaron said...

So sorry.

Wish we could all go into Miranda's room and dance to Spice Girls like we used to do ... or go get some Ben & Jerry's. Those things always helped break-ups.

:-(

*hugs*