Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I LOVE the Olympics!!

Am I the only one who can't get enough? I sooooooo wish I could be there, and it is even harder because Vancouver is only a short drive away! My family and I ALWAYS watched the Olympics, and every two years when they come around, I am literally glued to the TV every minute I can spare. I love the athleticism, the stories, the competition, the national pride...all of it! Here's the dumb thing...I live in the same time zone, but NBC is showing things on a time delay so they can show them on prime time. SUPER lame. I was so bummed because I was on a plane all day Friday and thought I would miss the Opening Ceremonies (definitely one of the best parts!), but luckily for me, I happened to be flying Frontier and they have those little 3"x4" TV screens in the back of the seats that stream Direct TV for $6, so on my flight from Denver to Portland, I paid the money and got to see the 1st half of the OC since they air the East Coast broadcast. :) Then, it just happened to work out that I got to see the 2nd half when I got home and they were showing the West Coast time delay. :) So for that instance, super handy and awesome, otherwise, this time delay thing is annoying. It means my family and friends in the Mountain Time Zone see the events that are happening in my same time zone 2 hours earlier than I see them (because of the way their prime time works vs. our prime time). Pretty lame, NBC. Nevertheless, I LOVE THE OLYMPICS!! My bedtime is freaking midnight these days because I can't pull myself away! I feel like I can't get anything done because I don't want to miss anything. And I love every minute of it. :)

No comments: