My sister and I were talking on skype yesterday, and she said, "You know the brand of sauce called Classico? Have you ever seen their Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Sauce? It's delicious." I just started laughing, because I had been grocery shopping just the day before and Classico sauce was on a crazy good deal, so I bought several jars, including 2 jars of the Roasted Red Pepper sauce, because it sounded awesome! :) (We must be sisters or something, huh?) We've both become pretty good cooks, so I definitely trust her judgement on things like this. Anyway, she went on to tell me about a concoction she'd put together that was delicious, and I decided it would be dinner today. Let me just tell you, she was RIGHT! This stuff was INCREDIBLE. And it is your lucky day, because I will share this deliciousness with you (or the recipe for it, anyway!). You can thank Amy after you've died and gone to heaven because of how awesome this tastes. :) Pardon my lack of amounts--just throw in however much you want and call it good!Ingredients:
Chicken
1 can of diced tomatoes
Lots of fresh spinach
Your favorite pasta
1 jar of Classico Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Sauce
Cut up some chicken and cook it with some garlic (and salt and pepper, if desired) in a big frying pan.
When the chicken is cooked, add a can of diced tomatoes (I used the kind with garlic and onions, but you could use plain or whatever). Simmer.
While you're doing this, boil some water and cook up a batch of your favorite type of pasta (maybe the gnocchi I told you about below?!).
Add a huge mound of fresh spinach to the chicken and tomato pan--and I really do mean BIG. It will wilt and shrink down A LOT (to practically nothing, really), so don't be afraid to heap it up pretty high.
Once the spinach is starting to wilt, stir it up a little bit and it will keep wilting.
After the spinach is wilted and stirred in and the pasta is cooked, add the pasta to the pan with the tomatoes and chicken and spinach.
Add one jar of Classico Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo sauce. Stir it up and let it simmer.
You can serve as is, or with a little bit of cheese.
Enjoy! (Promise...it's delicious, and pretty healthy!)
2 comments:
MMMMMMMmmmmmmm! Definitely the bomb. :) And I love your new blog background, a for sure keeper for at least a little while!
Wow, that sounds amazing! I used Classico a lot for a while then forgot about it! I got the sun-dried tomato, steamed some broccoli and mixed all that together with fetticcini noodles. You're making me want pasta!! And I'm at work :-(
Post a Comment