Monday, February 8, 2010

SUNSHINE!!!

"Sunshine...on my shoulders...makes me happy..."

Today was GLORIOUS! I CRAVE sunshine. Is that weird? In Portland it happens so rarely that when it shows up, it is like medicine for me. I may or may not have skipped out on work half an hour early to come home and take Allee on a 3 mile run. Okay, so it was more of a walk, but I SWEAR it wasn't my fault--she's still a baby and it was the longest run/walk she's been on yet (my fault--I HATE going running in the rain, thank you, Portland). About halfway through she sat down on the sidewalk and looked at me with her big puppy eyes like, "You can't be serious...we're done now, right?" But she was a trooper and she kept her energy up until we got home. I will admit that she crashed as soon as we got back to my apartment. She's a smart one--fell asleep stretched out about 4 inches from the space heater I had going. Sunshine in Portland in February does not necessarily equal warmth!

It's supposed to hold out through tomorrow, and then I'm skipping town before the rain starts back in. San Antonio, here I come...!

2 comments:

Hope said...

a good dose of sunshine never hurt anyone!

I'm the same way--give me a sunny day and I'm immediately in a better mood!

Kim Zuch said...

Even in Moab this winter I've been craving sunshine! Yesterday was awesome, sunny, almost warm! I walked around town doing all my errands (bills, library....) on foot!