Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Meissels and Nusses!

I was soooooo fortunate to get to spend a few hours with some of my favorite people over the holidays! My dear friend Leah was my first friend at college. I hooked her up with her husband, John, who is another good friend from college. Leah and I have been fortunate in that we both live in Portland, so we see each other fairly frequently.

The year Leah and I were both AmeriCorps volunteers in Spokane, she lived with our other dear friend, Sarah (and they lived about 1/4 of a block away from me), who was engaged to one of Leah's old boyfriends, Mike. These four people are some of the loveliest people I know.

Mike is an officer and a nurse in the Army, and they are stationed in San Antonio. I had the opportunity to see Sarah for a couple hours when I was down there last February, but I didn't get to see Mike or meet their darling little boy, Patrick. You can imagine I was thrilled when she emailed me to say they would be spending Christmas in Portland with some of Mike's family this year!

So the five of us (seven, if you count babies) had the chance to get together for a few hours, work on a puzzle (which, by the way, I had forgotten is SO much fun!), and catch up. It was lovely.
John and Mike, hard at work.

Joey and Patrick are only a few weeks apart in age, but this was the first time they'd met.
They got along great! :) SO cute!

Aren't these families lovely? So glad you came to town, Meissels! Can't wait to see you again soon! And thanks, Nusses, for hosting us! Love you all!

No comments: