Monday, June 27, 2011

I'm on a Boat!

Our Executive Director, Rose, and my former teaching partner, Scott, at the bow of the yacht. Scott started three weeks after I did, and now he works for a different department.

A few weeks ago, one of my co-workers (who just so happens to be a college friend of mine) invited us to come out and have a beginning of summer party on his dad's YACHT. Yep, yacht. So one Friday, our boss ordered box lunches for everyone, and we headed out to enjoy the rare Portland sunshine. The boat is docked, but it was an amazing day (and a seriously incredible boat), and it was lots of fun to hang out with my co-workers, most of whom I almost never get to see anymore (I'm kind of an island at my school, hardly ever getting back over to our main office these days). Thanks for having us, Jordan!

Abraham being...well...Abraham. :)

Some of the Prevention Staff--these girls do what I do at different schools, and they are all amazing. Tracy, Safiyah, and Celeste are so fun to work with! Since we all work at different schools, we don't get to see each other too much, so it was nice to just chat and soak up the sun. :)

2 comments:

Kim Zuch said...

Looks like you had a SUNNY day!

Gilbrides said...

Wow, what a fun adventure! You have done some amazingly wonderful and fun stuff! So glad you are able to do these great things with your busy life! Hope you have a terrific summer filled with fun and wonderful times!!!