This photo was the text I got about ten days ago, shortly after LB wrote me to tell me he was going out into the field for a couple weeks and would be out of communication until he got back. Ummm...can you say HOLY COW?!?! (For anyone interested, his unit is an armor unit, and these are Bradley vehicles, which they have been training on for almost a year now. And yes, as far as I know, they are "in the field" shooting and blowing things up. Crazy.) I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that my sweet, quiet, gentle boyfriend is out ordering his men around on these "smaller" versions of TANKS! Holy cow. It's weird how suddenly finding myself dating someone in the Army makes me much more tuned in to all things military. I never really pictured myself as that girl, loving a military man, but honestly, even though I hate him being gone and prospects of things like deployment are pretty scary, I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm super proud of him, but gosh, I can't wait until he gets back!!
I think he should be home sometime on Saturday!! I haven't been able to talk to him at all since I went up to say goodbye, so I am definitely itching for him to get back. It will be so nice to have a conversation with him again! Not to mention a hug (or eleventy billion). :) I guess the fact that I miss him this much is a good thing, right? I've definitely turned into that girl, who carries her phone with her at all times, just in case I might hear from him. *sigh* Wow...what a different a year makes. This time last year I never would have imagined myself in this position...can you believe LB and I have been dating for seven months now? And we've been getting to know each other for over ten months. Crazy.
So, one more week. I can do it! :) Please, Lord, let it go fast!
2 comments:
WOW! Dating seven months???!! The time has flown by. I know you're super excited to see him again... soon! Have a fabulous weekend. Blessings, SusanD
So glad he was safe out there. It is surreal to me sometimes, to see exactly what these brave men do and all they sacrifice for us. Thanks LB!!!
Post a Comment