Friday, July 18, 2008

Here Comes the Bride...

Isn't their cake the coolest? Betcha can't tell what happened!!

After VBS ended last Friday, we cleaned up in record time (I'm not kidding...we cleaned 2 whole buildings, top to bottom, in 45 minutes!) because I was on a huge time crunch!! Erik's sister, Ellicia, got married last Saturday, and his family wanted me to be at the Rehearsal Dinner on Friday night. Easier said than done when I had to finish VBS, clean up, and then make the 4-ish hour drive to the Tri-Cities. Yikes!! But I totally made it (okay, I might have been speeding A LITTLE...), and it was a BLAST!!

Erik called while I was driving to give me directions to Geoff's parents' house, so I drove straight there, and I even beat Erik and his family! I made it just in time. It was a blast, and to tell you the truth, after such a crazy week, it was SOOOOO good to just see Erik and be together! Plus (gosh, I'm such a GIRL!!), I got an adorable new dress at Ross for $17!!! And apparently it was a good purchase, because I got tons of compliments. Yay!

Saturday dawned the wedding day, and everyone knows how wedding days go for families of brides, but it was actually pretty chill. The only two little glitches I know of I was actually able to fix (forgetting the ice was easily taken care of with a quick run to the store. My fix was a little more complicated when the top of the cake fell off right after the ceremony...but we managed.) Everyone looked beautiful, the ceremony was GORGEOUS, and it was a perfect day. The reception was a blast and Erik was awesome and danced with me as much as my little ankle would allow.

The wedding was RIGHT NEXT to the ballpark where Erik works, and on Saturday nights after home games they have fireworks!! It worked out perfectly, because the DJ announced the last dance, we all enjoyed a little final Aerosmith ("I Don't Want To Miss a Thing"), and just as the song ended the fireworks started!! Talk about excellent timing!! And a fun send-off for the bride and groom! :)

The wedding festivies concluded with a giant family brunch/lunch at Erik's folks' house on Sunday--I've gotten to know his family pretty well over the last couple years, so it was lots of fun to just hang out and chat with them. (Yay to be past the "trying to make a good impression" point, and to the point where I actually recognize and know almost everyone's names--and he has a BIG extended family.)

Anyway, if you want to see the rest of the photos from the wedding, check out this link!! Ellicia and Geoff's wedding photos!

Erik doesn't like this photo (he thinks he looks goofy), but I think it's adorable!! :)

2 comments:

Shafferprincess said...

Jen, you're gorgeous!! And, I like that picture of Erik, too! Sounds like you've had a busy week, but knowing you, you pulled everything off beautifully!

Renee

Joshua said...

That is a really cool cake. =)