Saturday, July 19, 2008

Midnight, not a sound from the pavement...

This has been so fun writing on my high school friends' pages, so I thought I'd add it to mine. :)

Here's the scoop:
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you.
It's actually pretty cool (and funny) to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.

8 comments:

audri jo said...

Hi-lites Christmas sleepover at your house, we played "have you ever", I drank Coca Cola for the first time and I vaguely remember playing outside in the snow for a few hours.

In college you started that passing the "Chicken Soup for the College Soul" to all of our friends. We were supposed to read it, add comments, and pass along. I am SO embarrassed to say, I still have it. OOPSIE! And every time I see it I feel so bad :) I should send it back to you!

Wearing red, fluffy, big bird on our bums...Nice Work...and I wish I knew how to spell in Hawaiian, but I'll sound it out "He-e-ah-ka-aye!"

That you always kick your leg up when you give hugs :)

All of your email updates throughout our college years and I was always SO jealous of all your fun adventures.

SO many fun memories....hope we get to make more :) LOVE YOU GIRL!

Shafferprincess said...

I remember coming to school one day for an early morning Hi-Lites practice. Hardly anyone showed up, and you and I were SO mad. We went out behind the school and paced around in the snow just blowing off steam. Ranting and raving.

All of your advice to me about not having a boyfriend and getting tied down. I resented it then, but not because of you. I knew you were right. You've always been really smart.

Your beautiful smile and wonderful spirit. You always know how to make me smile and laugh. I've loved the times you've come to visit me, and I hope we can do it again sometime.

I love reading your blog, and reading updates on your life. I can hardly wait to meet Erik - someady soon, I hope! Love ya', Jen!

Renee

Joshua said...

I learned a lot of words from just listening to you! lol - that sounds crazy, but you have always been very well spoken. =)

Oh - and "Backwoods Romeo" my first "stage kiss" LOL ...Jr. High School....

Valeri Crockett said...

One memory, yeah right! Try a ton! You have the biggest heart. I remember when my little cousin Sadie had spiral meningitis and it was such a hard time for my fam. You sent me a couple cards and some beautiful stickers.(I kept them all) I was so grateful! I loved coming to your house and being with your great fam. (nothing beats the food at your house around Christmas!) I loved our roadtrips, all our Hilite performances, all the plays, and of course all the backstage F_U_N! I loved all our girl's nights and I have always felt blessed with awesome girlfriends. I remember you totally helped with tap for Crazy For You. (THANKS!) Going to church with you and April and I were chewing gum and then the Priest said something about it being disrespectful at church. You whispered "Don't worry Val, he has weird ideas sometimes". Haha! You are always down to earth and real. You rock at keeping track of everyone and I'm so grateful you have kept track of me! My most recent memory was of you doing everyone's makeup at your sister's wedding. Everyone looked great. It was just SOOOO good to laugh and talk with you again!!! All this memory stuff on the blogs makes me want to have a reunion with my girlfriends BAD!! Let's go on a cruise or something. I'm in, let's do it! I thinks you are so fabulous! Thank you for your friendship!
The goof- Val

Shafferprincess said...

Jen - Happy Birthday, girl!! So, what did Erik do for your b-day? I'm curious! He sounds awesome!

Anyway, I hope you had a super, awesome birthday! Love ya'!

Renee

Anonymous said...

Let's see . . .
Talking about cute boys. Talking about not-so-nice boys and you convincing me that just because not-so-nice boy was cute, I probably shouldn't date him again. Making up excuses to go see cute boys. Cute boy answering door in his boxer shorts and I was SOOO embarrassed! "Studying," but really talking about cute boys and leaving the door open hoping that cute boys would stop by.

My favorite Jenn quote: "Why wasn't I an education major? I like to color!"

So many great Gonzaga memories! Thanks!
Amy

Gilbrides said...

I remember you a little from Middle School, mostly just seeing you in plays. But then in Junior High I got to know you a little better because you and Janna were such good friends. I thought you were so smart! I wished I was as smart as you. You were very outgoing and very sophisticated. You also seemed to have a lot of fun. You seemed so comfortable with yourself and eveyone else, I really envied you for that. You were also so sweet. You were always so kind and friendly to me. You are such a kind and wonderful person. I am so glad you left me a message on my blog! It has been so fun reading your blog and seeing what you have been up.

Happy belated birthday--I hope it was a special day.

April and Jeff said...

Wow, just trying to come up with a few to narrow down to is impossible. I'm going to try to not repeat any of the ones you wrote on mine. I'll start with this... I remember being so annoyed by you for a really long time then one day I just decided it was SOOOOOOO much easier if we were just friends. That decision was one of the best decisions I have ever made. My life would have been missing an amazing friend had I not made that decision. So on to the great memories. Being lowly stage hands and making sandwiches for incredibly cute boys. Yes, I had a huge crush on this boy and then you bought me his picture from the yearbook sale. Thanks btw. Playing Nertz with anyone who walked through the door. How you had such an amazing ability to know when to put a letter in the mail so that it arrived on the day I needed it most. Or you would call just as I was on the verge of a breakdown. Helping me pack for college and then finding all those fun notes as I unpacked at college. Our roadtrips. Laughing whenever we almost died instead of crying. Going to Gonzaga's graduation. The night before the night before christmas. Caroling at Hansen's and not even finishing one song but staying there for HOURS. You visiting right after I had Bryce and listening to my all too honestness about the joys of having a baby. (I hope you aren't forever scarred) Seriously we could have our own blog of all our memories. All I can say it you are such a blessing in my life and have been for more than 15 yrs. How crazy is that! Love you!