Friday, July 18, 2008

IT'S OVER!!!


And yes, it's taken me an entire week to recuperate enough to have the energy to update this!

You know, the trouble with being in charge is that you hear 90% of the complaints people have and maybe (if you're lucky) 10% of the praise. So despite no major setbacks, it was a pretty stressful week for me. But here's the good news (haha, literally!!): THE KIDS ACTUALLY LEARNED STUFF!! By the end they could (NO JOKE!) tell me, in detail, all 5 Bible stories I taught during the week. WE'RE TALKING 3-YEAR OLDS, FOLKS!! So it's nice to have a little instant gratification. Plus, you guys! Erik sent me roses at work on the last day!! :) It was so nice, especially to read his sweet little note in the midst of the chaos of the last day. Seeing him that night was even nicer!!

Anyway, I'm still working on updating the blog from VBS (it will probably take me another week or so to completely finish), but if you want to see photies from VBS or read about the things we were doing with the kids, you can check here:

St. Anthony's Website

or here:

VBS Blog


When I was a Counselor-In-Training, we learned that in every good All-Camp activity, the kids would, ideally, make something, play something, and learn something (and usually eat something, too). All those criteria were totally met every day! So, overall, it went wonderfully. Fantasically, even. But I am sure glad it's over!!

No comments: