Tuesday, November 17, 2009

16 and 17

16. I am thankful for soft sheets and warm blankets on cold nights. I know that sounds silly, but seriously, when you're exhausted, is there anything better than snuggling down under your big heavy blankets and getting all warm and cozy? Love it.

17. Al. Over the last few years I have been blessed to make the acquaintance of an old man by the name of Alter Wiener. He happens to be one of the few remaining survivors of the Holocaust. He is sweet and funny and seriously, how lucky am I to personally know someone like that? (Like, he calls me on my cell phone...I'm not joking when I say we're friends.) I haven't actually seen him in awhile, just e-mailed or talked on the phone, but I saw him this morning and when I reminded him who I was, he said, "Oh my God. You've gotten younger!" What a flirt. So, yes, I am friends with a lively, flirtatious, and very wise survivor of the Holocaust. I am very thankful for that.

1 comment:

Shafferprincess said...

I hear ya on the warm blankets - nothin' better on a cold night! :) In fact, I'm putting my electric blanket on my bed today. Mmm - warmth!