Sunday, November 15, 2009

Thankfulness, Round 2.

So, apparently I am no good with this writing every day thing...or my mom came to town Thursday night, and I literally haven't had a spare second to write. :) So here's a catch up:

12. Mi familia! My mom's in town for her little sister's fiftieth birthday surprise party, and it was lots of fun to see everyone and hang out today. Her other sister, my aunt Debbie, also came down with her husband, so it was fun for the three sisters to be together. I don't get to see my family very often, so it was fun to have a family get-together this weekend. (If you think of it, please send up a prayer for my cousin Heather who is recovering from surgery...and her cat died the day after her surgery, making everything harder. She's struggling and could surely use your prayers.) Anyway, my family rocks and I love them very much.

13. Opportunities. Things haven't been easy lately, but I've realized that I have opportunities knocking at my doors and windows if I just wish to decide which one to take. I'm trying not to make any big decisions right now, since I'm a pretty logical person and don't want to make emotional decisions, but eventually there will be some changes and I'm excited to see what those will be. One big opportunity I am super excited about that's coming up is the opportunity to be godmother to Janna and Ryan's little girl, Olivia Rose (most likely), who is due to be born in December. :) I'm so honored that they asked me, and I can't wait to have a little girl in my life to spoil in a special way. :)

14. My friends' kiddos. Seriously, I have the greatest friends, and you all know I love kiddos, so I'm so glad I can play with your kids, especially while I don't have any of my own. I love hearing your stories and seeing your photos and talking to the kids on the phone (April's oldest, Bryce, and I have a fun relationship because we've been talking on the phone since he was literally about a year old--love that kid!). I have a lot of vicarious nieces and nephews--thanks for sharing, everyone! :) You and your children all bring a lot of joy to my life. :)

No comments: