18. I am thankful for my musical abilities. I looooooove, love, LOVE to sing and always have, and I'm thankful I actually have a halfway decent voice so no one else has to suffer by my incessant singing. :) (On that note...do you know about Myspace Karaoke? Seriously? Ridiculous fun if you're just chilling sometime and want to do karaoke with just your computer...although it doesn't work on a Mac, so that's a sad story.) I also love that I catch on to the guitar so quickly. I love, love, love playing my guitar...I just wish I had more discipline to practice more often!! :) And I wish my girls were all in the same place more often so we could actually sing and play more often, too.
19. I'm so thankful for the many mentors I've been blessed to have in my life. Here's a not-so-short list, in no particular order, of some of the amazing people who have generously given their time, energy, and talents to dramatically bless and impact my life and who I've become: Marie Smith, Coach Dickson, Taunia Wheeler, Fr. Jim Meehan, Reed and Julie Hansen, Marsha Forsgren, Mary Heitkemper, Jenifer Gudac, David Lindsay, John Downey, Sr. Mary Garvin, Fr. Al Morisette, Amy Hugh, Mindy Harmon, Terri Tenorio, Karen Plybon, Chuck Kornmann, Cynthia Dachtler, Diana Wuertz, Fr. Mike Winterer, Rob Kugler, Joe Albert, and so many more. I know most people aren't blessed to have a list that long. I am very lucky.
20. THE HOLIDAYS!!! I looooooooove the Holidays soooooooooo much!! Today around noonish they started playing non-stop Christmas music on the radio from now until Christmas and it made me so happy! I love Christmas music!! I love all the things leading up until Christmas--the preparations, the parties, family and friends, the music, the festivity, the way that people are thinking about each other instead of themselves for a change--I just love it so much! Don't get me wrong...I LOVE Thanksgiving. In fact, I go back and forth about whether it might actually be my favorite holiday, but I see nothing wrong with kicking off the holiday season, even with Christmas music, before Thanksgiving. The more the merrier. I'm thankful for all the traditions that make this dreary, gloomy time of year so merry and bright! :)
1 comment:
I love reading your lists! It's so fun to see how many people have shaped your life (especially from high school) I also love the holidays and the special feeling that comes with it. Wish it could last longer, but so glad it's that time of year already!!! Hope you have a fantastic Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment