Monday, November 23, 2009

21-30.

21. I am thankful for the fact that I have a job that pays the bills. Even when it has its ups and downs, it's a good job and I work with great people.

22. My incredibly generous parents. Enough said.

23. My things. I know that sounds incredibly materialistic, but I am blessed to have gotten some wonderful gifts from people I love and I have some really great things that remind me of people in my life or fun memories, and I don't take those things for granted. I know I have an abundance.
24. My car. Despite all the problems and headaches it has caused me these last few months (through no fault of its own), I am blessed to have a vehicle that is safe and will get me to and from work without any real problems.

25. The people at St. Anthony's. I worked there for 14 months, and I know many of them were disappointed, maybe even hurt, when I left, yet they are still excited to see me and share their love with me when I see them. I went out there for church on Sunday, and they were incredible! Everyone wanted to know how I'm doing, how my job's going, etc. So nice to see so many friendly faces, even though I've been gone now as long as I was there.

26. Answers to prayers...even when they're not the exact answers I was hoping for, they still help me know God is watching over me.

27. My mom's example in her enthusiasm for life and everything in it. We were teasing her this weekend because lately it seems everything she sees/hears about/mentions goes along with a very enthusiastic and expressive, "I LOVE _______!!!!" It's kind of overdramatic and silly, but I think my mom is in a good place and happier than she's been in awhile, and I'm glad for that.

28. My dad's gentle and generous nature. EVERY SINGLE TIME I hang up the phone with my dad, he says, "Take care of my buddy. Remember who loves you." Isn't that sweet? He is a peach.

29. My creative nature. I have so many ideas for things...I wish I had time (and money) to make them all happen! Someday.

30. Life. I know I'm very, very blessed to live in a time when we all have so much (even if it feels like many of us are struggling). I'm blessed to live in a situation where I never have to go hungry, I have people who love and support me, and if I need anything, I know all I have to do is say the word and people will come out of the woodwork to help me out. Most people are not this lucky. I have my life, I have my health, I have my freedom, and I have love. I am very blessed.

This year I am so thankful for all of you! I'm thankful I have people in my life who care enough about me that they actually want to read my ramblings (even when my camera is MIA and I don't have any exciting photos to share and haven't for awhile...sorry about that). You guys make my life rich. Thank you! Love you all!

2 comments:

Gilbrides said...

I love reading what people are thankful for. It always reminds me how wonderful life really is, and to never take anything we have for granted. Glad you have such wonderful friends---it takes one to have one :) Happy Holidays!!

Amy said...

I love your Christmas blog...it is so cute!