Furthermore, I challenge each of you to do the same thing. What are you most thankful for?
So here are ten things, in no particular order:
1. My fan-freaking-tastic sister. She has SUPER EXTRA DUPER been there for me these last couple weeks, and I love her so much for that and for so many more things. She picked out my puppy, for crying out loud! :) And she sent me a package (which I loved! I never get mail!) and I've talked to her on the phone A LOT these last few weeks, and she pretty much rocks. I have the best sister EVER. I am convinced of that. Love you, Meems!
2. My bestie, April. Seriously, this is a direct quote: "Jen, I have a three week old baby. You can call me anytime, day or night. Seriously, you're not going to wake me up. I'm up all hours." She's the best. Thanks for taking the time to send me a card, even when I know you feel like you're drowning a little bit, too. Thanks for being there for me when I'm a little less-than-stable and dealing with me when I call in tears...for the umpteenth time in a row. I love you!
3. My girls. Sometimes I forget that I have developed this amazing network of girlfriends over the years, and you girls are always here for me (and I will always be here for you, too!). Thanks for loving me and supporting me, especially when I'm a big ol' mess. :) Thanks especially to all you girls who have left me messages or texts or e-mails or comments or whatever. Your love means the world.
4. Mi familia. I have fantastic parents who love me a whole heap. I'm a lucky, lucky girl. And they don't freak out (usually) when I've had it with whatever conversation we're having, regardless of the reason, and I just need to say, "I'm done talking about this." Not everyone's parents are okay with that, but mine are. I really enjoy that about them. And if I need to hang up quickly, they don't dawdle with their goodbyes. They just say, "Okay, love you, bye." I like that. Plus they are unfailingly generous and they're always there for us when we need them. I'm excited I get to see them so soon. :)
5. My sweet little ball of terror, Allee. Seriously, getting a puppy was a crazy idea (thanks, Meem!), but despite the fact that she makes me nuts, I looooooooove her! She is unbelievably smart, incredibly sweet, she loves EVERYONE, and it's nice to have someone who is over the moon to see me when I get home at the end of the day and cries when I leave. :) Her antics make me laugh all the time, and when she learns a new thing, it totally makes my day (whether it's a cool new trick or she's just learning not to eat my shoes, it's still exciting). She's very, very fun, and I'm glad I have her, even when she poops all over her blankets and makes me want to sell her. ;)
6. My job. Seriously, there have been ups and downs (isn't that true for any job?), but in this economy, I'm lucky to have a job that is stable and I can live on and I try not to take that for granted.
7. My guitar. I don't play it enough, but when I do, it is a huge blessing. I love that I have enough skill that I can sit down without really practicing and play enough songs to keep me busy for a couple hours while I sing and play. Now if I could only learn piano.
8. God. I had someone remind me this week that the things I have been dealing with lately are INFINITELY more difficult for people who don't have faith. Seriously, if I didn't have faith that God is a loving God who has a plan for my life and is watching over me and leading me to my best life, how could I ever cope? Even when it's hard (which it is right now), God lets me know that THE BEST IS YET TO COME.
9. Tracy and Scott and Melissa and Zulma and Greg and Janet and Sarah and Gail and Silvia and... truly, I have the best co-workers. Not many people can say they truly enjoy almost everyone they work with, but I really do. The majority of my co-workers are pretty super wonderful people who make it fun to be at work when I get to see them and who actually miss me when I'm not in the office. It's nice.
10. Hard times. Yes, it's true, I'm trying to remember that I really am thankful for these incredibly difficult times I'm dealing with right now, because I know when I come out on the other side, things will be infinitely brighter because the shadow proves the sunshine (listen to the Switchfoot song of the same name if you haven't heard it).
One quick story: On my way back from Florida when I went for the Red Cross, I flew through Minneapolis, Minnesota. I spent a couple hours at the airport, and the weather in Minneapolis was AWFUL. It was DARK and cloudy and gray and MISERABLE. I didn't know if we'd actually get out because there was thunder and hail and pouring rain and plenty of awfulness. We did make it out, and as we climbed, we eventually came out of the clouds and emerged into a GLORIOUS sunset! It occurred to me then that EVEN ON THE WORST DAYS, the sunshine is STILL THERE, even if we can't see it.
So that's my thankful list for the day. Love you guys! Until tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment