I've never done this before, but my friend Sami linked up with this post last week, and I thought it looked fun. It's hosted HERE on the first Monday of the month (or more) and then other people take turns hosting. I thought it looked like fun, so why not? So read my post, then head on over and link up if you want to!
What are you doing for Labor Day?
Today was, admittedly, a day of as little labor as possible for me! This is one of the few federal holidays that we actually get off at my job, and the past few years, my no-longer-bf and I would go on a fun holiday date, but this year, no plans. Which was for the best, and here's why: On Saturday, I CLIMBED MOUNT ST. HELENS (photo-laden post coming soon)!!! My two college friends were doing it and had extra passes, so they asked me if I wanted to come along. For some reason, I temporarily lost my mind and agreed to do it. So, after ten miles of dragging my body straight up and down a VOLCANO, for crying out loud, what am I doing for Labor Day? Not a danged thing! Well...unless you count trying to convince my muscles that they actually DO still know how to work, because they are NOT so sure. Someday I'll be able to climb stairs again, right? So that's how I spent labor day...watching movies, throwing toys for my puppy, and overall being a bump on a log. How did YOU spend Labor Day?
Sitting on the ledge overlooking the crater at the top of Mount St. Helens!
2 comments:
Congrats on climbing Mt Saint Helens. Being a bump on a log after that is the best!
You're incredible Jen! That looks SO hard, but so fun, too.
We went camping one time, just Brandon & I, up in the Uintahs and we went on a day hike to find five lakes that could only be reached by hiking in. We found the area where the lakes were, but instead of water, there were these crazy big rocks - much like the ones pictured on your blog - that we had to climb over. No rain in the spring made no lakes. Just big rocks to hike on. I was SO sore when we got back to our campsite. Yikes!
Post a Comment